vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium Member
join:2005-03-01
Polar Park

vaxvms

Premium Member

I don't understand "rate adjustment"

My package deal expires in March. I called Charter to learn what my options are. Not much. I had to call 'cuz I couldn't get options/costs for current customers on the Charter web site. I was told 30 mbps would be $49.99 and Digital Home Pkg would be $65.98 (taxes and numerous fees not included). I was guaranteed these prices would never change. Never is a long time. There would, however, be rate adjustments to my bill that would raise the total cost I pay every month but the internet and tv service costs would never change. I'd still be charged $49.99 and $65.98 but my monthly bill would increase.
I don't understand how my total bill can increase if the cost of service never changes. The rep I spoke with couldn't explain it to me. Can anyone tell me how I'd pay more per month when the cost of services never changes?

hey there
@charter.com

hey there

Anon

Why not get the Select tier, same as Digital Home it's $60 and it includes the broadcast fee.
NightOwl2
join:2012-03-19

1 recommendation

NightOwl2 to vaxvms

to vaxvms
Any rep who says prices will *never* increase is mistaken, (or fibbing, I will not say lying). Most, if not all, tv and hsi/phone providers have annual increases. Perhaps the rep is confused with rate adjustments. Rate adjustments *are* price increases.

As for the 49.99, it is already going up in places. I received a flyer stating my price would be increasing to $54.99 but I could bundle for xxxx$$ more.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

1 recommendation

cork1958 to vaxvms

Premium Member

to vaxvms
rate adjustment = legally molest you