to navyson

Re: 50/25 Upgrade for $10/month

login into the trendnet and verify is set to "N"
navyson
join:2011-07-15
Upper Marlboro, MD

navyson to DAVIDGR

to DAVIDGR
I just excluded the laptop as the problem. Just hardwired the laptop and got 58/25.

Checking out Trendnet now.

shadowcaster1
join:2008-04-21
Dix Hills,NY

shadowcaster1 to guppy_fish

to guppy_fish
said by guppy_fish:

said by shadowcaster1:

And, yes, I'm chicken to test/try selecting the ch all the way, only to find I lose FE phone.

Hey McFly, are you Chicken?, buc buc buc

No one calls me Chicken ( pushes remote button )

In case you don't get the humor, its from the Back to the future movies

Oh, I got it....very clever.

See, the problem is once I do that, there's no going back. 25/15 is NLA and once you're a DV, always a DV (ie once you're a Jet, you're always a Jet-West Side Story)
navyson
Upper Marlboro, MD

navyson to DAVIDGR

to DAVIDGR
Just got off the phone with Trendnet reps.

After logging on to the Trendnet site, he changed a few settings.

The best speedtest result I have gotten since is 44/25 even though my laptop is right beside the WAP. I have received 58/25 when I hardwire the laptop

He says that's the best he can do.

I tested using both the mixed b/g/n and a straight N mode and the speedtest results are the same.

I moved it back to the mixed mode since my gf computer is b/g.

tito79
join:2010-03-14
Port Saint Lucie, FL

tito79 to DAVIDGR

to DAVIDGR
I have the same problem running n devices very well could be something has to do with the Verizon wireless modem.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish to DAVIDGR

Premium Member

to DAVIDGR
The Trendnet ( if this is the 25 buck one from newegg ) is a single radio / antenna 65mbs "N",

45mbs is about right for this router, you would have to get a better one with dual radio and or mimo antennas to do better. It could also be the laptop, most budget laptops have the same lowend "N" for radio and single antenna

FYI, it has nothing to do with the Verizon router as that's not being used for wireless

I have a budget HP "N" laptop, with a budget "N" Cisco refurb I got for 25 bucks, I get best case about 48mbs
Bytezboy
join:2001-05-17
New York, NY

Bytezboy to tembit

to tembit
$10 more per month is not such a good deal if you're on 25/25 or 35/35. They were offering $5 more to jump to the next tier before the quantum speeds came out.
said by tembit:

I've been paying $46 for the 25/25 package, so for $10 ($15 w/ tax) more per month, I jumped on this. Of course, we'll see if they actually manage to follow through.

Update: Just ran a speed test (10 minutes after getting off the phone). 57.92Mbps up and 38.81Mbps down. I really hope they keep the fluff and don't screw up the bill!

I don't understand why the upload on the 50/25 is as high as the 75/35 tier with the fluff. It's not fair to people on the higher tier.
navyson
Upper Marlboro, MD

navyson to guppy_fish

to guppy_fish
said by guppy_fish:

The Trendnet ( if this is the 25 buck one from newegg ) is a single radio / antenna 65mbs "N",

45mbs is about right for this router, you would have to get a better one with dual radio and or mimo antennas to do better. It could also be the laptop, most budget laptops have the same lowend "N" for radio and single antenna

FYI, it has nothing to do with the Verizon router as that's not being used for wireless

I have a budget HP "N" laptop, with a budget "N" Cisco refurb I got for 25 bucks, I get best case about 48mbs

Its not a budget laptop. It more a midrange laptop.

I paid $45 for the trendnet WAP a few years ago.It says it supports up to 300 megabits. It has two external antennas.

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium Member
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely to Bytezboy

Premium Member

to Bytezboy
said by Bytezboy:

$10 more per month is not such a good deal if you're on 25/25 or 35/35.

I have 35/35 (really ~42/33) and last I checked they wanted $15 more for 50/25 and $20 more for 75/35. I just don't see the value or need to change.

rebus9
join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay

rebus9 to tembit

to tembit
said by tembit:

I did it over the phone and the agent was able to clearly tell me what my new total would be (current + $15).

What happened to current + $10? That was the offer.

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium Member
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely

Premium Member

I want $10 OFF my bill for the same speeds, LOL!

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA

aaronwt

Premium Member

I'd like to pay $10 and upgrade from the 150/65 tier and go to the 300/65 tier.
Aero 1
join:2007-07-27

Aero 1 to DAVIDGR

to DAVIDGR
I am internet only in the NYC market and i was paying $54.99 for 15/5 and before the promotion, 50/25 would of gone up to $85. now today, i pay $64.99 for a fluffy 60/30 connection. this is a great deal.

shadowcaster1
Dix Hills,NY

1 edit

shadowcaster1 to guppy_fish

to guppy_fish
said by guppy_fish:

said by shadowcaster1:

And, yes, I'm chicken to test/try selecting the ch all the way, only to find I lose FE phone.

Hey McFly, are you Chicken?, buc buc buc

No one calls me Chicken ( pushes remote button )

In case you don't get the humor, its from the Back to the future movies

OK, no more buk, buk, buk, brrr-awk for me ! Ordered on the tv and 15 min later had the "I feel the need for speed" upgrade.
I'm definitely a happy camper! According to Speedtest, faster than 97% of the U.S.

First, I confirmed w/tech support that this doesn't change any of your existing packages, promotions, etc. and that FE phone isn't changed.

My previous 25/15 was giving me 30.66/19.85 on Speedtest.
navyson
Upper Marlboro, MD

1 edit

navyson

said by navyson:

Just got off the phone with Trendnet reps.

After logging on to the Trendnet site, he changed a few settings.

The best speedtest result I have gotten since is 44/25 even though my laptop is right beside the WAP. I have received 58/25 when I hardwire the laptop

He says that's the best he can do.

I tested using both the mixed b/g/n and a straight N mode and the speedtest results are the same.

I moved it back to the mixed mode since my gf computer is b/g.

Not sure what happened between yesterday and today. Tonight, all my speed tests on my laptop are hoovering around 60 down and 30 up on Speakeasy after giving me such a hard time yesterday.

These are great speeds with the WAP in the basement while the laptop being one floor up.

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium Member
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy to DAVIDGR

Premium Member

to DAVIDGR
I've got a triple play bundle with 35/35 Internet service.

I don't see any value in paying $10 to 'upgrade' to 50/25. All I'd be doing is downgrading my upload speeds, since my 'fluffed' 35/35 clocks in at about 43/35.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

said by dennismurphy:

I don't see any value in paying $10 to 'upgrade' to 50/25. All I'd be doing is downgrading my upload speeds, since my 'fluffed' 35/35 clocks in at about 43/35.

The deal isn't targeted to all customers only those at 3/1, 15/5 tiers
claibourne
join:2011-07-04
Garland, TX

claibourne to dennismurphy

to dennismurphy
Click for full size
said by dennismurphy:

I upgraded last night from 35/35. With that package I was getting 43/37. I'm now getting 59/39.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

I started a long thread about the quantum teir speeds, I forget 25/25 and 35/35 had very little fluff, were quantum is silly fast fluff

»New Tiers - The Real Speeds - Check before you updgrade
claibourne
join:2011-07-04
Garland, TX

claibourne to guppy_fish

to guppy_fish
said by guppy_fish:

said by dennismurphy:

It did help a bit with my 35/35 triple-play as well. The upgrade to 50/25 normally would have added $15 to my bundle price. They added it for $10, so I saved five bucks.
propcgamer
join:2001-10-10

propcgamer to DAVIDGR

to DAVIDGR
Does anyone know if this shows up as a separate billing line?
Or do they completely change what your internet base billing is?
brianiscool
join:2000-08-16
Tampa, FL

1 edit

brianiscool to DAVIDGR

to DAVIDGR
The people with the 3/1 packages can they upgrade to 50/25 for $10 more?
bigpapae35
join:2002-10-25
New York, NY

bigpapae35 to DAVIDGR

to DAVIDGR
verizon is soo annoying, the tier should be at least 50/35 or 50/50 so they could get all those on the 35/35 tiers to jump.

For people who have 35/35 this is a real downgrade, why give up on symmetrical speeds for asymmetrical.

shadowcaster1
Dix Hills,NY

shadowcaster1 to propcgamer

to propcgamer
said by propcgamer:

Does anyone know if this shows up as a separate billing line?
Or do they completely change what your internet base billing is?

Read the link in the OP...it states separate billing line, no other changes to your existing bundles, promos, discounts, etc.
navyson
Upper Marlboro, MD

navyson to brianiscool

to brianiscool
said by brianiscool:

The people with the 3/1 packages can they upgrade to 50/25 for $10 more?

I didn't know FIOS had a 3/1 speed tier.
brianiscool
join:2000-08-16
Tampa, FL

brianiscool

They do in my area. That is the lowest fios package you can get.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

Yes if you have 3/1 which I believe was 54.99, for 10 bucks plus tax you can add 50/25 with this promo

just lou
join:2008-05-16
Staten Island, NY
Arcadyan FiOS-G3100

just lou to guppy_fish

to guppy_fish
said by guppy_fish:

I'm on 35/35, and I got a popup screen asking me to "upgrade" to 50/25 for $10. This is a joke considering my wired speed is around 43/35.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

Well you will get more down load, 50/25 clocks in at 58 / 38 , not sure of the value part
ab4bd
join:2008-01-24
Venice, FL

ab4bd to DAVIDGR

to DAVIDGR
I have 25/25 and I'm wondering if anyone who has made the jump from that to the 50/25 feels it was worth the $10.00

George