Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
reply to Morage

Re: A worthwhile investment...

He was in a guild, they wouldn't bring him along to do anything. He probably just took the attitude "at least I'm in a guild" and left it at that.

You are correct, though... we have some beaten down folks on all servers. I think this is one of the reasons why Blizzard did their Mentor Guild program a few months back. They know what's up... but its up to us to make a difference for these folks.
--
Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Josof

join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA

said by Immer:

I think this is one of the reasons why Blizzard did their Mentor Guild program a few months back. They know what's up... but its up to us to make a difference for these folks.

cool, i never heard about Mentor guilds. do players volunteer their own guilds or does blizzard create mentor guilds on new player servers?
--
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." - Sun Tzu

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8

It was a pilot program that blizzard did for a while. »Introducing the Guild Mentoring Program

Blizzard picked specific servers, and guilds applied for the pilot program. Seems it turned out well, but we haven't heard of it becoming a regular thing or not.
--
Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

StumpMan
Premium
join:2001-07-26
Clinton, NC

1 recommendation

reply to Immer

Several years ago I was leveling a tank, and to be honest, I sucked. And bad. Thought about deleting the tank and walking away for a bit, but the guild master of the guild I was in at the time took me under her wing and pushed me. Every time I was online, she had me tanking dungeons.

It took a while, but I got the hang of tanking. Thanks to her sticking with me and training me.

I try to make it a point in our guild to help out anyone having trouble or needing help with their class. Pay it forward I guess.