Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

1 edit

Immer

Premium Member

Re: [Classes] 5.1 Healing Priest (HOLY DPS!)

Click for full size
My dps
Click for full size
the hps tradeoff for Holy DPS
In phase 2, the first goal was to make it to the end of the hallway.... once there, I dropped a LightSpring, HW:Sanctuary, then switched to Chakra:Chastise and unloaded everything I had on him. There were only 7 that made it to the platform... 3 dps (rogue that had been killed and brezzed, a hunter, a boomkin) and 4 healers.

Now, the druid and the monk were putting out solid heals, so I let them cover healing while I focused on my dps (SW:P, HF, Smitex3, HW:Chastise, Mindbender.... too bad I had switched my DivineStar for questing over to Cascade for healing... Cascade does nothing for dmg.) After seeing the first crappy number flash up, I decided to save cascade to heal the survivors, and I'd throw out a CoH and PoM when I saw our health getting low.

Notice that for Holy DPS to mean something, you have to give up healing for a while (unlike Disc). My healing numbers would have been much higher for this phase if I had been disc for the fight, but I don't think I would have pulled quite as much dps.

It was a 4min P2 kill... but it was awesome. When the fight was over, I got a lot of compliments and cheers of "check out that Holy DPS" and "You taught that bug to fear the LIGHT!". It felt pretty good.... but I never want to have to do that again, lol.

If you haven't tried Holy dps... give it a shot the next time you're out doing dailies. =)
Immer

Immer

Premium Member

I will admit that since the change to Chakra:Chastise, my gear is reforged to favor Holy. I'm trying to improve my disc set (if you "armory" my toon now, he's wearing his second LFR T14 helm... need to gem it when I get home). I'm apprehensive about what 5.2 will do to disc... we'll see.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

I'm apprehensive also. I've never walked a step in a Holy spec's shoes but that day may be coming...

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

It's a solid healing style... but it will take some getting used to.