uniqs
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to Dodge

to Dodge

Re: Easements question

I have some rooms with carpet over hardwood. The hardwood under the carpet looks brand new after 28 years. Although I suppose it has a lot of holes in it from tacks holding the carpet padding.

Seems to me that you're leaning towards #2, assuming you want the pool.
Dodge
Premium Member
join:2002-11-27

1 recommendation

Dodge

Premium Member

said by Bob4:

I have some rooms with carpet over hardwood. The hardwood under the carpet looks brand new after 28 years. Although I suppose it has a lot of holes in it from tacks holding the carpet padding.

To be honest I don't know what I am leaning towards. Pool is nice, but you guys scared the living crap out of me in the other thread about maintenance

I've never owned a house before, so everything scares me right now. Easements, basements flooding, trees falling, pools cracking, plumbing exploding, etc.. is starting to slowly replace the great feeling of finally buying house with a black and white picture of a post-apocalyptic world
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

That's why you have insurance! Actually, easements are no big deal,* although I wouldn't live anywhere near a petroleum or gas pipeline.

* I'm surprised that you're worried about 20' out of 240'. 220' isn't big enough for you? The house where I grew up was on a 75' x 100' lot, so I guess it's what you're used to. Remember that bigger lot means more grass to mow!

mityfowl
Premium Member
join:2000-11-06
Dallas, TX

2 edits

mityfowl to Dodge

Premium Member

to Dodge
said by Dodge:

said by Bob4:

To be honest I don't know what I am leaning towards. Pool is nice, but you guys scared the living crap out of me in the other thread about maintenance

I've never owned a house before, so everything scares me right now. Easements, basements flooding, trees falling, pools cracking, plumbing exploding, etc.. is starting to slowly replace the great feeling of finally buying house with a black and white picture of a post-apocalyptic world

I have had my house on the end of a cul d sac for 25 years. I have a volleyball pool I built.

I think I have a 14' easement on a not quite 1/2 acre down the side but it's never come into play.

Over the years I have had a lot of visitors and guests but I love it here and everyone likes visiting. I have a sense of privacy that people with a 3x more expense can't achieve. 'stick with the cul d sac.
Dodge
Premium Member
join:2002-11-27

Dodge to Bob4

Premium Member

to Bob4
said by Bob4:

That's why you have insurance! Actually, easements are no big deal,* although I wouldn't live anywhere near a petroleum or gas pipeline.

* I'm surprised that you're worried about 20' out of 240'. 220' isn't big enough for you? The house where I grew up was on a 75' x 100' lot, so I guess it's what you're used to. Remember that bigger lot means more grass to mow!

220' would be big enough if the houses were not deep set on the property. The back yard is not that big when you consider how far back the house is.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

You don't understand easements, looking at it, you just see your property and for the time you own the home it will likely never be accessed.

You can put a fence , landscape, hedges anything you like, Its just there so when and if a utility needs repair, they don't have to ask your permission to access it and have the legal right to remove ( it you don't ) anything that is a obstruction