PToN
Premium Member
join:2001-10-04
Houston, TX

PToN

Premium Member

Re: VoIP system

Well,

- We have 99 direct dial in extensions (xxx-xxx-50-xx)
- There is 1 location only so we wont be connecting to another building in any way.
- We have a T1 and a Fiber circuit.
- We have a toll free number customers can call in.
- We currently have an automated answering system that it is menu driven (not sure of the technical name).
- We can have call a single extension and have it ring N number of extensions
- We use a lot of call forwarding
- We would like to be able to have N number of internal extensions and keep the 99 direct dial in extensions.
- We have about 10 fax lines.
- We make a fair amount of international calls.

Other than that i cant think of anything else at the moment.

Currently i am looking at Avaya, 3CX, Asterisk Digium, Mitel, Cisco and Shoretel.

Thanks for the input.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

You should post your specs over at the voip tech chat forum

»VOIP Tech Chat

Some very knowledgeable people over there that could offer some guidance
snowsam
join:2001-04-11
Signal Mountain, TN

snowsam to PToN

to PToN
I'm glad you mentioned faxing.

If you are looking at VOIP, faxing is a mixed bag. If you are getting your lines via SIP, you usually need T38 support on the provider side and on your ATA.

I have it working with my PRI-->Internal SIP (3cx)-->ATA hooked to the fax machine, but there are some fax numbers that we have problems with even after having slowed down how fast the fax machine talks.

I have considered going back to a fully analog line or doing something like FaxxBochs: »www.rockbochs.com/compon ··· axxbochs

However, our setup works well enough that so far we have not changed. But this is a potential area of pain for you that you should be careful about.

Bryon
This space for rent
Premium Member
join:2001-07-23
Speedway, IN

Bryon to PToN

Premium Member

to PToN
We're a similar size and have been happy with Shoretel.
It's flexible and easy to manage.
Delco24
join:2004-02-15
Cary, NC

Delco24 to PToN

to PToN
said by PToN:

Well,

- We have 99 direct dial in extensions (xxx-xxx-50-xx)
- There is 1 location only so we wont be connecting to another building in any way.
- We have a T1 and a Fiber circuit.
- We have a toll free number customers can call in.
- We currently have an automated answering system that it is menu driven (not sure of the technical name).
- We can have call a single extension and have it ring N number of extensions
- We use a lot of call forwarding
- We would like to be able to have N number of internal extensions and keep the 99 direct dial in extensions.
- We have about 10 fax lines.
- We make a fair amount of international calls.

Other than that i cant think of anything else at the moment.

Currently i am looking at Avaya, 3CX, Asterisk Digium, Mitel, Cisco and Shoretel.

Thanks for the input.

As far as Cisco goes, you might want to consider CUCM Business Edition 3000 for your needs. It would be quite a bit cheaper than full blown CUCM (although you still would need to purchase phones). It runs a simpler/more restricted version of CUCM, but it might be enough for your needs.