spc
Search similar:

uniqs
audiotek
join:2010-12-03
Toronto, ON

audiotek

Flash Player on Asus 300T

2 weeks ago I bought a Asus 300T tablet so far so good the only thing is Adobe stopped supporting Flash Player for Android. I installed Flash Player 11.1 from the Adobe archive and checked the "Unknown Sources" in the settings but still cannot open and view websites containing flash content!!!

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008

Premium Member

Which browser are you using?
I can get Flash to work on the stock browser, but not Dolphin or Chrome.

I also recently bought a Asus TF300, so I'm pretty new to this stuff.
audiotek
Toronto, ON

audiotek

Good point.... I have to try the stock browser I'll get back to you!!!!
audiotek

audiotek to Rook008

to Rook008
It works on the stock browser but not on Chrome Why is that? I'd like to use chrome since everything is synced on all my computers. The stock browser is OK but it doesn't make any sense that it's not working on Chrome
BangBang
join:2000-07-05
North Bergen, NJ

BangBang to audiotek

to audiotek
Per Chrome developers:

Chrome for Android will not be supporting Flash. As you may have seen in November, 2011, Adobe announced it has stopped investing in Flash for mobile browsing. Google has long been committed to making the web platform more powerful through open web technologies like HTML5 and is working with Adobe and other partners to further advance the web standard.
navyson
join:2011-07-15
Upper Marlboro, MD

1 recommendation

navyson

There are still thousands of websites out there that still use flash. Instead of adobe pulling flash from the google play store, a better alternative would have been to encourage webmasters to update their websites from flash to html 5.
audiotek
Toronto, ON

audiotek

I was gonna write the same remark. Just last night I encountered 2 flash websites Flash is still very popular

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT

PeteC2

MVM

I use Fire Fox to have flash capability on my Nexus 7, hasn't been a problem. My wife has not bothered on her ASUS TF300T but I would imagine that it would work as well.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0

Premium Member

Its not just Chrome. Opera no longer will support FLASH on Android.

However the default browser and Maxthon still will. I guess Firefox will too, though haven't really tried it, as I don't care for the Android implementation.

None of them do well though if its complex FLASH but for simple video display they do OK.

PS Another thing about Maxthon is it ID's as a PC so you don't get stuck with Mobile versions of websites, which is anoying on tablets.