how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

I_H8_Spam

join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON

[Serious] NCoV in Hamilton?

So I have a friend who is an employee at HHS texting me that the in emails they are reporting today of a respiratory infection patient is suspected of having NCoV. Patient was a recent traveller returning from the Middle East.

Pretty sure this will be in the news soon.
--
AFK: Attack, fight, kill!! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way to fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius

koira
Keep Fighting Michael
Premium
join:2004-02-16
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
said by I_H8_Spam:

So I have a friend who is an employee at HHS texting me that the in emails they are reporting today of a respiratory infection patient is suspected of having NCoV. Patient was a recent traveller returning from the Middle East.

Pretty sure this will be in the news soon.

what do the acronyms stand for please?

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

I_H8_Spam

St Catharines, ON
reply to koira
Hamilton Health Sciences - HHS
novel coronavirus - aka SARS 2.0 - NCoV

koira
Keep Fighting Michael
Premium
reply to dirtyjeffer
Oh that one, it's nasty
SARs scare here we come

cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently

join:2011-04-19
Hamilton, ON
reply to I_H8_Spam
I haven't heard anything.

TLS2000
Crazy Canuck
Premium
join:2004-02-24
Mississauga, ON
reply to I_H8_Spam
I was dating a girl who got quarantined when SARS was making it's rounds. She was a volunteer at a hospital.

She wasn't impressed. It cost her a lot of money to stay home for 10 days.
--
Tom

I_H8_Spam

St Catharines, ON
reply to cog_biz_user
said by cog_biz_user:

I haven't heard anything.

You wont until the HHS issues a statement.

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON
reply to I_H8_Spam
Biological weapon of mass hysteria brought to you by a middle east terrorist. peterboro starts a screenplay.

I_H8_Spam

St Catharines, ON
reply to TLS2000
said by TLS2000:

I was dating a girl who got quarantined when SARS was making it's rounds. She was a volunteer at a hospital.

She wasn't impressed. It cost her a lot of money to stay home for 10 days.

Same with my Mother in Law, she is a RN an worked heavily during the outbreak. Tested positive for a SARS linked protein, 2 week isolation (paid) never developed symptoms.
--
AFK: Attack, fight, kill!! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way to fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2
reply to I_H8_Spam
»www.flutrackers.com/forum/showth···st485337

quote:
Novel coronavirus

Updated: February 15, 2013
Travel Health Notice

In fall 2012, a novel (new) coronavirus was identified in a small number of cases of persons who went to or came from Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Jordan. A new case has recently been identified in the United Kingdom. This individual had no prior travel history, but is a relative of one of the earlier cases and has an underlying medical condition, increasing the risk for respiratory infections. This suggests that the recently identified person may have acquired the infection through human-to-human contact with the relative; however, the risk of contracting this infection is still considered to be very low.

Coronaviruses are the cause of the common cold but can also be the cause of more severe illnesses including Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). At this time, there is still more to learn about this novel coronavirus. All cases have experienced influenza-like illness including signs and symptoms of pneumonia which may include coughing, mucous, shortness of breath, malaise, chest pain and/or fever.

The World Health Organization continues to work with relevant ministries of health and other international partners to support investigations to gain a better understanding of the disease and its risks. There continues to be no travel restrictions as the risk to travellers remains very low.

--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

koira
Keep Fighting Michael
Premium
reply to I_H8_Spam
Might be a good time to get into hand sanitizer and mask business

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to I_H8_Spam
Love it, let's have more immune deficient people traveling around the globe so lethal diseases can spread faster and mutate with alarming consequences. People are too cheap for cancellation insurance, if you are sick stay at home.

Bravo to HHS for figuring it out and isolating the guy, down here he would have sat in the ER for a day or two contaminating the entire building.

Devanchya
Smile
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Ajax, ON
reply to DKS
based on the description they give, it sounds like what I had back at Christmas

lol doubt it was.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to Thane_Bitter
said by Thane_Bitter:

Bravo to HHS for figuring it out and isolating the guy, down here he would have sat in the ER for a day or two contaminating the entire building.

Here in Kitchener had he gone to GRH he'd been sent home with a couple Tylenol.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
Ironically it would have put far fewer people at risk. I though St. Mary's won some sort of award not that long ago for prompt service, are they that bad?

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
said by Thane_Bitter:

Ironically it would have put far fewer people at risk. I though St. Mary's won some sort of award not that long ago for prompt service, are they that bad?

St. Mary's would have kept him. GRH: Grand River Hospital.

St. Mary's is #1 in Canada, and GRH is 213 out of 218, everything evens out in the end...
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
Sounds more like Great Reaper Hospice.

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
said by Thane_Bitter:

Sounds more like Great Reaper Hospice.

If it was Hospice it wouldn't be so bad, at least you'd die in comfort. I agree with the Great Reaper part, though. They are better than what they were, although last week they cancelled most surgeries because half of the staff is away sick. Viral infection goin' around and making the nurses sick.
--