spc
uniqs
Trentelshark
join:2002-12-11
London, ON

Trentelshark to RogersElise

to RogersElise

Re: Unlimited Internet option on Rogers for a limited time

So basically I am going to have to go through Customer Relations/Retention to try get the $10 offer because I don't have home phone but do have wireless (2 cells + cable + internet)?

$10 on top of what I pay now I can live with, but $30 is excessive when competitors offer the unlimited with the same speeds I have now for what I am paying now. I guess it is worth a shot though, sticking with Rogers is simpler than moving to someone else if it is possible.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by Trentelshark:

So basically I am going to have to go through Customer Relations/Retention to try get the $10 offer because I don't have home phone but do have wireless (2 cells + cable + internet)?

$10 on top of what I pay now I can live with, but $30 is excessive when competitors offer the unlimited with the same speeds I have now for what I am paying now. I guess it is worth a shot though, sticking with Rogers is simpler than moving to someone else if it is possible.

Don't bother, it's a system enforced rule. If you don't have internet, TV and Home phone, the system will not allow you to have unlimited internet for the extra $10.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

said by yyzlhr:

Don't bother, it's a system enforced rule. If you don't have internet, TV and Home phone, the system will not allow you to have unlimited internet for the extra $10.

Sounds pretty screwy to me. You yourself said everything is done with codes. All the rep has to do is enter the appropriate code for the $10 unlimited.

Either Rogers wants to keep existing customers or they don't.....Plain and simple.
Pesterd
join:2013-01-22

Pesterd

Codes that were are preconfigured.

elitefx
London, ON

elitefx

said by Pesterd:

Preconfigured to do what? If you follow that line of thinking to it's conclusion Rogers would have to write a code the size of Adobe Photoshop to accomodate all the things the code would have to check for before it would activate in the system.

Rogers can't even edit something as simple as modem firmware successfully. I can't see them writing system interrogating code programs period.
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to elitefx

to elitefx
said by elitefx:

said by yyzlhr:

Sounds pretty screwy to me. You yourself said everything is done with codes. All the rep has to do is enter the appropriate code for the $10 unlimited.

Either Rogers wants to keep existing customers or they don't.....Plain and simple.

How is it screwy? Rogers clearly advertises the eligibility rules for the $10 unlimited.

If the rep tries to add the code for the $10 unlimited tier, it will return an error if the customer does not have triple play and the rep will not be able to confirm the changes.
yyzlhr

yyzlhr to elitefx

to elitefx
said by elitefx:

said by Pesterd:

Preconfigured to do what? If you follow that line of thinking to it's conclusion Rogers would have to write a code the size of Adobe Photoshop to accomodate all the things the code would have to check for before it would activate in the system.

Rogers can't even edit something as simple as modem firmware successfully. I can't see them writing system interrogating code programs period.

Preconfigured to ensure business rules are followed.

I don't see why you have trouble envisioning Rogers billing systems enforcing their own business rules. A lot of other Rogers products and promotions have eligibility rules that are enforced by the system, so this is not some new undertaking by Rogers...

elitefx
London, ON

elitefx

said by yyzlhr:

I don't see why you have trouble envisioning Rogers billing systems enforcing their own business rules.

Well, if we were talking about any company other than Rogers I could see your point. All Rogers has proven continuously over the years is that they are the most incompetent stumblebum ass backwards outfit that ever cursed the telecom industry in Canada.

I respect you and your information BUT you're defending the indefensible.
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by elitefx:

said by yyzlhr:

I don't see why you have trouble envisioning Rogers billing systems enforcing their own business rules.

Well, if we were talking about any company other than Rogers I could see your point. All Rogers has proven continuously over the years is that they are the most incompetent stumblebum ass backwards outfit that ever cursed the telecom industry in Canada.

I respect you and your information BUT you're defending the indefensible.

Its great that you ignored the rest of my statement. Rogers billing systems have been engineered to system enforce various business rules since the beginning. This is not something new with Rogers, they've always had this capability.
Trentelshark
join:2002-12-11
London, ON

Trentelshark to yyzlhr

to yyzlhr
said by yyzlhr:

Apparently it isn't and I didn't even have to go so far as retentions. I called in, was calm, patient and reasonable and within 10 minutes on the phone was provided with the deal for $10 (no home phone) and a couple other discounts in the process and still no Home Phone .