Search similar:

uniqs
navyson
join:2011-07-15
Upper Marlboro, MD

navyson

What do we want from Verizon in 2013?

1. Roll out of it new media center DVR

2. Increased FIOS internet speeds. No need to compete on an equal footing with Cable. Verizon needs to blow Comcast and others out of the water with available speeds.

3. Add more HD channels buy freeing up space by replacing MPEG 2 with MPEG 4.

Anything else?
blue_trooper
join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

blue_trooper

said by navyson:

2. Increased FIOS internet speeds. No need to compete on an equal footing with Cable. Verizon needs to blow Comcast and others out of the water with available speeds.

I think that for 95%+ of the market they have already reached the point of diminishing returns for internet speed.
JackBauer
join:2006-08-24
Schenectady, NY

JackBauer to navyson

to navyson
I'm with you. Waiting on subscribing until the VZ Media Server comes out, but would not mind in the mean time if they bumped the speed tiers up a bit.

I'd hate to sign up for 2 years only to have them increase speeds on their bundles a week later.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish to navyson

Premium Member

to navyson
So you currently subscribe to the 300/65 internet tier and need more speed?

And you subscribe the the Ultimate TV package and Sports packages and need more HD channels that is currently offered?

Didn't think so
navyson
join:2011-07-15
Upper Marlboro, MD

1 recommendation

navyson

Point is, if you are a competing product, why offer the "same" as the next competitor. If that is the case, there isn't much to differenciate you from them especially since Verizon has said from Day 1 that it does not plan to compete on price.

I don't think most "regular" folks are convinced right now that FIOS is a better/more premium product that what the cable/satellite folks offer. I have lots of friends still with Comcast and I have not been able to convince to switch.

Its simple Verizon,

More HD
Better DVR
Faster speeds(1 gig if possible)
More features

while keeping costs not too high might convince more people to switch.

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

1 recommendation

Greg2600 to navyson

to navyson
said by navyson:

1. Roll out of it new media center DVR

3. Add more HD channels buy freeing up space by replacing MPEG 2 with MPEG 4.

Anything else?

1 is I believe on the way, 2 is a given (although speeds are plenty right now), and 3 well we shall see but I believe there may be something in the works...
brianiscool
join:2000-08-16
Tampa, FL

brianiscool to navyson

to navyson
300Mbs/300Mbps $99 a month.
kennye
join:2009-02-05
Carrollton, TX

kennye to navyson

to navyson
1) Provide official support for 2TB drives
2) Clear up outstanding IMG issues.
3) There are a number of enhancements on the Verizon ideas blog that would be useful
4) Anything to reduce overall costs (that is not going to happen)
5) Roll out Digital Voice in North Texas (Carrollton)
6) I am sure there are others

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to navyson

Premium Member

to navyson
1)media center DVR
2) GPON CO in my area

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

ITALIAN926 to navyson

to navyson
How bout when media server is released, its done so that it qualifies as IPTV. Its already a drastic change, might as well go ALL THE WAY, and free themselves of QAM limitations and offer a limitless amount of HD channels.

I also believe that AT&T Uverse is IPTV, and its free of franchise agreements, ( this could vary state to state) so in all those areas that Verizon wired up with fiber, but cannot presently offer TV service, they should be able to.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

The Data side to support IPTV isn't unlimited, at 10 mbs stream they would dwarf NetFlix usage, which according to recent articles is video is approaching 50% of all network traffic
brutus
join:2003-12-16
Tampa, FL

1 recommendation

brutus to ITALIAN926

to ITALIAN926
I wouldn't mind seeing more speed tiers. I always found it odd that Verizon doesn't offer more options when it comes to internet speed.

I of course would love to see more channel bundles to pick from such as a real no sports package.

Any solution such as IPTV would need to offer me the ability to continue to use the hardware I choose. Anything that forces me to use their hardware on a monthly rental that will never go away I have zero interest in.

Greg2600
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to guppy_fish

to guppy_fish
said by guppy_fish:

The Data side to support IPTV isn't unlimited, at 10 mbs stream they would dwarf NetFlix usage, which according to recent articles is video is approaching 50% of all network traffic

Just wait until the new PS4/Xbox come with even more streamed games.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to navyson

to navyson
I would simply like a DVR that has more than 2 tuners. Pretty much every other TV provider already has this.

stevek1949
We're not in Kansas anymore
Premium Member
join:2002-11-13
Virginia Beach, VA

stevek1949 to navyson

Premium Member

to navyson
Android Tablet remote application. More tuners in the DVR.

Webcobbler
@verizon.net

Webcobbler to brianiscool

Anon

to brianiscool
I agree. 300/65 for 95 bucks would be awesome. When they came out with that speed, the 150/65 went from 200 to 95 bucks.

So when they come out wih a new speed tier ( cough 1gbps cough ) , lets say at 200 a month... if they continue this price scheme... the 300/65 will be reduced to 95, and the 150/65 could replace the 75/35 speed bundled with Ultimate customers.

Just my theory.
Expand your moderator at work

BSAIII
join:2007-06-16
Las Vegas, NV

BSAIII to navyson

to navyson

Re: What do we want from Verizon in 2013?

DVR that records 4 or 5 shows at a time
DVR - remote control that use UHF not IR to cummunicate
Allow DVR 1 to directly set recordings on DVR 2 and vice versa
Search should pre-fill search term using current guide selection

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to kennye

MVM

to kennye
said by kennye:

5) Roll out Digital Voice in North Texas (Carrollton)

You don't have DV? We do here in Coppell.

JH28
@bankofamerica.com

JH28

Anon

1. dvr with more than 2 tuners
2. some hd channels that most other good systems have that we are missing. top of my list would be H2 and CBS Sports Network.

HenryFarpolo
Premium Member
join:2003-08-31
Andover, MA

HenryFarpolo to JH28

Premium Member

to JH28

1----Beat TIVO to the punch and introduce the Media Server and the associated IPC1100, before TIVO comes out with their MINI box.

2----A less agonizing roll-out process for any new product or service.
brianiscool
Tampa, FL

brianiscool to Webcobbler

to Webcobbler
How do you like just ethernet instead of using Coax? I like the fact you can use your own router.

Greg2600
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

said by brianiscool:

How do you like just ethernet instead of using Coax? I like the fact you can use your own router.

Do you mean wireless vs. coax? It would be pointless to connect your STB's to the media server via Ethernet, since homes are already run with coax.

bigdaddy
join:2009-11-18

bigdaddy

said by Greg2600:

said by brianiscool:

Do you mean wireless vs. coax? It would be pointless to connect your STB's to the media server via Ethernet, since homes are already run with coax.

Ethernet STBs with 3rd party Router FTW !
brianiscool
Tampa, FL

brianiscool to Greg2600

to Greg2600
You can get rid of the coax if you don't have cable. Then have them run ethernet right to the box inside your house.
zippoboy7
join:2006-06-18
USA

zippoboy7 to Greg2600

to Greg2600
said by Greg2600:

said by brianiscool:

You do not see the larger picture with Ethernet, I would prefer a STB that only had 2 cables on the back of it, 1 Ethernet (Gigabit + PoE so no stupid power bricks) and 1 HDMI in a box small enough that it can be tucked behind a flat screen on the wall out of sight.

Then look ahead at some of the newer standards that are being proposed and you will see HDMI replaced with HDBaseT and at that point you can have 1 box that can run several TVs from a remote location in the house all over standard Cat5e/Cat6 connections plugged directly into a TV/Monitor.

Greg2600
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to navyson

to navyson
I have no problem with having more options, but there's no chance 99% of existing coax homes will be changed over to Ethernet. It's not worth the cost or hassle. Coax must continue to be an option. But it would be a big saver in new construction and apartment buildings.