uniqs
share rss forum feed

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:17
reply to Springbok

Re: What do we want from Verizon in 2013?

Sorry, neither of those will come true.

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to aaronwt
said by aaronwt:

The only thing I'd really like to see from FiOS is for them to start converting the HD channels to MPEG 4 to save space. And then the addition of new HD channels in MPEG 4.

Let's hope April MPEG-2 showers bring May MPEG-4 flowers.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by Greg2600:

said by aaronwt:

The only thing I'd really like to see from FiOS is for them to start converting the HD channels to MPEG 4 to save space. And then the addition of new HD channels in MPEG 4.

Let's hope April MPEG-2 showers bring May MPEG-4 flowers.

Well at least we know the flowers are on their way. See »[HD] STB Exchange if you haven't already.

JayMan 007

join:2005-07-18
Richmond, VA
reply to DBLClick
Yes.
After my 2 year old Samsung TV bought the farm, I replaced with Panasonic.
I would like to see the FiOS app on this, as well as on Apple TV.

hally
Premium
join:2000-02-21
Long Beach, NY

1 edit
reply to navyson
Make a remote control interface that actually works properly. Instead of making me press the DVR button several times to get anything to come up. I am paying already for the service I don't want to see an ad when I want to watch a show I recorded.

Why no love for iPhone? I would like to watch a recorded show on it too.

ETA I see more people are not loving the remote.
And also I agree, more then 2 tuners in the DVR.
I may switch back for a better deal, except for the internet FIOS IMHO is not all that.

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to navyson
What's wrong with the remote? I find it works fine. Why on earth would you want to watch something, in your home, on an iPhone? Screen is miniscule.

PJL

Long Beach, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to hally
said by hally:

Why no love for iPhone? I would like to watch a recorded show on it too.

No love for iPhone? I thought there was the streaming app. Is it only for iPad? At least it exists there. There is no Android or Window 8 streaming app!

hally
Premium
Long Beach, NY
said by PJL See Profile
No love for iPhone? I thought there was the streaming app. Is it only for iPad? At least it exists there. There is no Android or Window 8 streaming app!
[/BQUOTE :

Last I looked it was just for iPad

join:2013-03-04
North Reading, MA
reply to navyson
I just want a free DVR upgrade. I can't add external storage to mine and they want $39.99 to upgrade to a box that can.

PJL

Long Beach, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to hally
said by hally:

said by PJL See Profile
[/BQUOTE :

Last I looked it was just for iPad

Still more love for Apple products!

hally
Premium
Long Beach, NY
I don't love Apple products...especially iTunes but I work with both iPhones and Droids in my job and the iPhone IMHO is a better product with less failure rate overall.

Anyway this conversation is off topic

OwlSaver
OwlSaver
Premium
join:2005-01-30
Berwyn, PA
reply to navyson
I would like to see a bundle option that includes:

-Unlimited FiOS Data
-Unlimited Verizon Wireless Data
-Unlimited WiFi Data at lots of locations (even those run by AT&T)
-Unlimited GoGo Data

That is, I would pay FiOS an inordinate amount of money and I would have data access everywhere I went. That would be a full service solution.

crgauth

join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD
kudos:1
reply to 35245635
said by 35245635:

I just want a free DVR upgrade. I can't add external storage to mine and they want $39.99 to upgrade to a box that can.

Check this link for details on a way to get that upgrade for free: »[HD] STB Exchange

hally
Premium
Long Beach, NY

1 edit
reply to navyson
It would be nice if there were FIOS hotspots....like there are Optimum ones(which don't work for crap, I used to turn off my wireless and use 4G instead) assuming that FIOS hotspots would work better then the cable hotspots.

FIOS is behind in many aspects, this is one of them.
Of course people are going to jump all over me for saying that but when I switched over there were fewer options available; like being able to control DVR from phone for instance.

ETA I would like if I didn't have to tune to 502-504 etc to get HD on the nationwide broadcast stations. I did not have to do this on Cablevision.