uniqs

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

Called ID on TV Question

Just have a question trying to figure out why Caller ID is no longer working on one of the 3 TV's in my house.

While each TV is a different make / model, they are have the same Make, Model, and Part Code in regards to the Set Top Box. That information is below

Make: Pace
Model: RNG110 RF
Part Code: C1983443300

Now, let me explain how things are setup on each TV, and if Caller ID is working with them or not.

TV #1 is in my mom's bedroom. Coax comes from the wall, and goes into the STB. Then, there is coax going from the STB to her TV. Caller ID works as it should on this TV.

TV #2 is in the living room. Coax comes from the wall, and goes into the STB. We then have a three-wire thing (Red, Yellow, and White) going from the STB to the TV. There is also a VCR/DVD combo unit as well, but that is plugged directly into the TV itself (is not in any way connected to the STB). Caller ID works fine on this TV.

Finally, TV #3 is in my Uncle's room. This is the TV that had Caller ID working, and now it does not. We think we know why, but don't understand how that would cause it not to work.

He had it setup in this manor: Coax came out of the wall, and went to the STB. Then, we had coax from the STB to his TV. Caller ID worked fine with this setup.

Now he has made a change to add a VCR into the mix. So, from the STB he has run coax to his VCR, and then from the VCR to his TV is another coax cable. We no longer have a direct connection from the STB to his TV. With this setup, Caller ID is not working on his TV anymore.

So, my question is this: What is going on with the VCR that is not allowing the Caller ID information to be passed onto the TV? Everything else (as far as we can tell) works the way it is suppose to in regards to picture quality, sound, colors, on-demand items, etc.

Thanks in advance for any information that can be provided.

--Brian
plencnerb

plencnerb

Premium Member

Interesting. 181 Unique views to this thread, and no one can tell me why Caller ID does not work if you pass the signal from the STB through a VCR, and then to a TV?

As I said, I know that was the reason, I'm just looking for some information as to WHY it does not work. Its just part of the normal signal / information that is flowing along the coax cable just like the Video or Audio, right?

--Brian