ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru to underattack

Premium Member

to underattack

Re: [Business] SMCD3G - New Firmware - 3.1.6.53 / IPV6

Do you still have the newest firmware and are you getting your full speeds? What speed tier are you on?

underattack
Join Dshield.Org
join:2003-06-23

underattack

I still have Firmware 3.1.6.53 (my hardware version is 1.01 got the modem about 6 months ago).

I do have 25/5 MBit and usually get a bit above 30 MBit down and maybe 5-7MBit up.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog

MVM

said by underattack:

I still have Firmware 3.1.6.53 (my hardware version is 1.01 got the modem about 6 months ago).

I do have 25/5 MBit and usually get a bit above 30 MBit down and maybe 5-7MBit up.

Wait what? do you have the old 22/5 or the new 27/7? There is no 25/5 business class profile. Sounds like you're on 27/7 with the capped PB if I had to guess.

NetDog
Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Hollywood, FL

NetDog to underattack

Premium Member

to underattack
said by underattack:

Can you run the same test, check firmware, do a speedtest, reboot, check firmware again, speedtest and post the data. If you have the same issues please PM me your RF MAC. We are tracking the users that are having upstream issues with the .53 code.

underattack
Join Dshield.Org
join:2003-06-23

underattack

My speed or firmware version didn't change after the reboot. I am not having an issue with the .53 firmware after the "Disable Gateway Smart Packet Detection" setting got checked.
derekivey
join:2006-03-30
San Jose, CA

1 edit

derekivey to NetDog

to NetDog
Did all SMCD3G modems get the new firmware? Ours has been up for over 80 days. If I reset it will I get the new firmware? I wouldn't mind testing to see if we have the upload speed issue.

Edit: I just reset my modem and didn't get the update. I guess they either haven't deployed it to my area yet or removed it.

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru to NetDog

Premium Member

to NetDog
Any updates on the firmware?