Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish to navyson

Premium Member

to navyson

Re: 50/25 Upgrade for $10/month

No, its all on Verizon's side ..

When you did the upgrade, did they explain ( TV message ) what the new charges would be? in the past Verizon could only upgrade to a current package and at that's packages price

I'm wondering if there are going to be allot of unhappy people that do the upgrade expecting a 10 dollar increase in there bill, instead of a 10 dollar increase for the current package pricing which is all Verizon has done in the past
navyson
join:2011-07-15
Upper Marlboro, MD

1 edit

navyson

It did say that it is a $10 addition to your current bill and it will be clearly stated.

It does not change or extend your current contract and you can cancel it at any time.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

Then that is new ... and a first for Verizon .. and answer the question I asked was going from 15/5 to 50/25 was only 10 bucks when I did that a few months ago, but that was a new contract so whats the big deal now?

So out of contract or discounted accounts can make a pain free upgrade .. sounds to go to be true for Verizon
navyson
join:2011-07-15
Upper Marlboro, MD

navyson

said by guppy_fish:

Then that is new ... and a first for Verizon .. and answer the question I asked was going from 15/5 to 50/25 was only 10 bucks when I did that a few months ago, but that was a new contract so whats the big deal now?

So out of contract or discounted accounts can make a pain free upgrade .. sounds to go to be true for Verizon

I think they are just constsantly changing up what they do. $10 extra for twice as much speed with no additional contract is good for me.

I actually don't mind contract if the service is good. I have both Verizon FIOS internet/TV and Verizon Wireless and even though I pay through my teeth for both services(FIOS $135) and $110 with Wireless, I am extremely happy with both services.
tembit
join:2008-09-03

tembit to guppy_fish

to guppy_fish
said by guppy_fish:

No, its all on Verizon's side ..

When you did the upgrade, did they explain ( TV message ) what the new charges would be? in the past Verizon could only upgrade to a current package and at that's packages price

I'm wondering if there are going to be allot of unhappy people that do the upgrade expecting a 10 dollar increase in there bill, instead of a 10 dollar increase for the current package pricing which is all Verizon has done in the past

I did it over the phone and the agent was able to clearly tell me what my new total would be (current + $15). If that isn't the case, they will surely be hearing from lots of irate customers, including me.

shadowcaster1
join:2008-04-21
Dix Hills,NY

1 edit

shadowcaster1 to guppy_fish

to guppy_fish
quote:
said by guppy_fish See ProfileSo out of contract or discounted accounts can make a pain free upgrade .. sounds to go to be true for Verizon

It is too good to be true for me. I just called VZ and was advised that the ch 500/557 upgrade is a la carte and not a change to the bundle-a good thing. However, inspite of being visible to me on that ch, the agent advised me that the a la carte option was not available in my area.

And, yes, I'm chicken to test/try selecting the ch all the way, only to find I lose FE phone.

Edit: The vzn csr was full of it when she stated not available in my area. From the link in the op : "Starting today, all existing FiOS Internet customers can upgrade to our entry level FiOS Quantum tier of 50/25 Mbps tier for just $10 more a month and keep the speed for as long as they wish."

guppy_fish
Premium Member
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

said by shadowcaster1:

And, yes, I'm chicken to test/try selecting the ch all the way, only to find I lose FE phone.

Hey McFly, are you Chicken?, buc buc buc

No one calls me Chicken ( pushes remote button )

In case you don't get the humor, its from the Back to the future movies

shadowcaster1
Dix Hills,NY

shadowcaster1

said by guppy_fish:

said by shadowcaster1:

Oh, I got it....very clever.

See, the problem is once I do that, there's no going back. 25/15 is NLA and once you're a DV, always a DV (ie once you're a Jet, you're always a Jet-West Side Story)

rebus9
join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay

rebus9 to tembit

to tembit
said by tembit:

I did it over the phone and the agent was able to clearly tell me what my new total would be (current + $15).

What happened to current + $10? That was the offer.

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium Member
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely

Premium Member

I want $10 OFF my bill for the same speeds, LOL!

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA

aaronwt

Premium Member

I'd like to pay $10 and upgrade from the 150/65 tier and go to the 300/65 tier.

shadowcaster1
Dix Hills,NY

1 edit

shadowcaster1 to guppy_fish

to guppy_fish
said by guppy_fish:

said by shadowcaster1:

OK, no more buk, buk, buk, brrr-awk for me ! Ordered on the tv and 15 min later had the "I feel the need for speed" upgrade.
I'm definitely a happy camper! According to Speedtest, faster than 97% of the U.S.

First, I confirmed w/tech support that this doesn't change any of your existing packages, promotions, etc. and that FE phone isn't changed.

My previous 25/15 was giving me 30.66/19.85 on Speedtest.