Search similar:

uniqs

baca
@bell.ca

baca

Anon

[DSL] Can I get Teksavvy DSL 10 Mb/s and still keep Bell Fibe TV

Hi,
I now have Bell Fibe 6 internet DSL and Bell Fibe TV service, which both come through one Bell modem/router. I would like to replace internet part with Teksavvy DSL 10 Mb/s and still keep Bell Fibe TV. Is there any technical problem known for such combination?
Thanks

MFido
Montreal
join:2012-10-19

MFido

Re: [DSL] Can I get Teksavvy DSL 10 Mb/s and still keep Bell Fib

Bell does not allow Fibe TV alone, only bundled with their internet

squircle
join:2009-06-23
OTWAON10

squircle

said by MFido:

This is not entirely true, as there is a code in BCRIS that is FibeTV with a $0 internet plan. However, you will not be able to activate Teksavvy internet on the same line as your FibeTV. What I would suggest doing is telling Bell that you no longer wish to pay for their internet and see if you can get that taken off. Then you can sign up with Teksavvy on a dry loop or second wet line if you already have one.

baca
@bell.ca

baca

Anon

Thank you for your answers.
Can I have Rogers Cable TV (with high definition channels) and Teksavvy 10 Mb/s DSL internet? I used to have Rogers cable TV until 5 years ago, so I think this combination should work, if I decide to cancel Bell TV and internet.

Thanks

Anaron
join:2005-01-28
North York, ON

Anaron

said by squircle:

said by MFido:

This is not entirely true, as there is a code in BCRIS that is FibeTV with a $0 internet plan. However, you will not be able to activate Teksavvy internet on the same line as your FibeTV. What I would suggest doing is telling Bell that you no longer wish to pay for their internet and see if you can get that taken off. Then you can sign up with Teksavvy on a dry loop or second wet line if you already have one.

I believe that's intended for people that want Fibe TV but don't have a computer in their house to access the Internet. If you hide your computer when the technician comes in, you might run into issues later if Bell notices an irregularity in your monthly bandwidth usage. What you suggested though seems like a good idea.
said by baca :

Thank you for your answers.
Can I have Rogers Cable TV (with high definition channels) and Teksavvy 10 Mb/s DSL internet? I used to have Rogers cable TV until 5 years ago, so I think this combination should work, if I decide to cancel Bell TV and internet.

Thanks

Of course you can. You don't need an Internet connection for Rogers cable.

lleader
join:2011-01-01
Mississauga, ON

lleader to baca

to baca
said by baca :

Can I have Rogers Cable TV (with high definition channels) and Teksavvy 10 Mb/s DSL internet?

Absolutely. I have Rogers cable and Teksavvy 25/7 (too far to get the full 25/10).

squircle
join:2009-06-23
OTWAON10

squircle to Anaron

to Anaron
said by Anaron:

I believe that's intended for people that want Fibe TV but don't have a computer in their house to access the Internet. If you hide your computer when the technician comes in, you might run into issues later if Bell notices an irregularity in your monthly bandwidth usage. What you suggested though seems like a good idea.

Anything's possible if you call retentions. You still have an internet login but if you use even one byte of it (heck, even if you establish a PPPoE link) then you'll be charged.