how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

alfnoid
Premium,MVM
join:2002-02-18

[VOIPo.COM] Sale today President's Day only!! 2 for 1

I don't work for them and won't give my number for a referral, but have had them for about 3 years now and any issues I had were taken care of quickly so I don't hesitate to recommend them.

2 Years for price of one for a new line.
These sales come around a couple times a year, but don't last long.
If you are on the fence maybe this will make you jump!

»www.voipo.com/voip.php

Nate425
Premium
join:2005-02-03
Charlottesville, VA

Too bad there's not something for existing customers. But they had one of those sales recently I think that I just missed.

Gershom 1624

@optonline.net
reply to alfnoid

Unless I am badly mistaken, this is their standard deal.

They advertise everyday, $ 149 for 2 years (plus $ 36 for taxes and fees).

I just looked at their page from January 13 and they had the same $ 149.
(Cut and paste this URL to the Wayback Machine):
web.archive.org/web/20130113024904/http://www.voipo.com/voip.php

And in October it was $ 129.
web.archive.org/web/20121004091759/http://www.voipo.com/voip.php

AND:

Voipo previously said they were heading away from long-term plans, but that seems to not have happened.
»Re: [VOIPo.COM] VOIPo changing their business model?

cb14

join:2013-02-04
Miami Beach, FL

Unless they move away from that business plan, a lot of people will not give them a second thought.

crazyk4952
Premium
join:2002-02-04
united state
kudos:1
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
·Vitelity VOIP
·Charter
·Callcentric
reply to alfnoid

Yes, it is extremely confusing because they have that clock that counts down the remaining time until the deal "expires". But that clock simply resets the following day and the same deal is offered once again. It is rather deceptive, really. If I recall correctly, they have had this same 'deal' for the last several years.

Gershom 1624

@optonline.net

said by crazyk4952:

But that clock simply resets the following day and the same deal is offered once again. It is rather deceptive, really.

Indeed that sales method was pioneered by Magic Jack, but we really expect better of Voipo.

As originally explained by MJ, a February 3 offer is only valid on February 3, a February 4 offer is only valid on February 4, and so forth. So in a very technical sense they are "different" offers even though exactly the same.

Just as the philosophers debate whether a river is always the same, or always changing....

IanR

join:2001-03-22
Fort Mill, SC
reply to alfnoid

Voipo offer a very good service and I use them. This pricing is good as is their international pricing.

slow mo

join:2002-03-19
USA

said by IanR:

Voipo offer a very good service and I use them. This pricing is good as is their international pricing.

+1

crazyk4952
Premium
join:2002-02-04
united state
kudos:1
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
·Vitelity VOIP
·Charter
·Callcentric
reply to IanR

said by IanR:

Voipo does have a good reputation here. I just don't understand why they use sales tactics that are often associated with less reputable companies.

burris
Premium
join:2000-08-22
Miami, FL
Reviews:
·VOIPO
reply to alfnoid

I think we're doing too much nit-picking.

I've been with them since the beta days and by far it's the best VOIP service I have ever experienced in all my years...

If a deal comes along that gives a new customer excellent service along with a price that's hard to beat, go for it. Don't try to perform a DNA on what or why. For those who have been around, they have long realized the great job that Tim and his staff have done.

If it's the service you want, either go for it or keep looking..

motoracer

join:2003-09-15
united state

said by burris:

I think we're doing too much nit-picking.

I've been with them since the beta days and by far it's the best VOIP service I have ever experienced in all my years...

If a deal comes along that gives a new customer excellent service along with a price that's hard to beat, go for it. Don't try to perform a DNA on what or why. For those who have been around, they have long realized the great job that Tim and his staff have done.

If it's the service you want, either go for it or keep looking..

+1
I've been with them for over 4 years and have nothing but good things to say about them. Service is rock solid and support is quick and effective if needed.