All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned) to Chuck_IV

to Chuck_IV

Price?

Did they mention the price for the 15/3 tier by any chance?

The last thing I heard from a CSR that claimed to be at the corporate offices even though they were NOT at the REAL corporate offices in St. Louis, indicated that they only had the 30mb or 100mb tiers ....and that the 15/3 plan I am on only exists because I already had it currently. Wow it seems like you can't get a straight answer out of Charter at any price these days. LOL

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958

Premium Member

said by 15444104:

The last thing I heard from a CSR that claimed to be at the corporate offices even though they were NOT at the REAL corporate offices in St. Louis, indicated that they only had the 30mb or 100mb tiers ....and that the 15/3 plan I am on only exists because I already had it currently. Wow it seems like you can't get a straight answer out of Charter at any price these days. LOL

In case I haven't said it before, but Charter's left hand almost never knows what the right hand is doing now a days!
Chuck_IV
join:2003-11-18
Connecticut

Chuck_IV to 15444104

to 15444104
said by 15444104:

No they didn't because I really wasn't interesting in that speed, so I didn't ask pricing on that one.

What else is interesting is they didn't say anything about me owning my own modem. Not a peep about it(I have a 6120) when I downgraded(verified last night that my speed is now at 30mbps).

orth
@charter.com

orth

Anon

If your account reflects that you have a customer owned modem then Charter doesn't care. It's if you were renting a modem and then purchased your own the switch can't be made.
Ryan818
join:2006-12-14
Medford, OR

Ryan818

Charter's response to those owning modems varies by area. I was forced to disconnect my 6120 when I downgraded from TV and Internet to just Internet. They informed me that customers who change plans will no longer be allowed to keep their own modems. I have heard from others on here that there was no mention of removing their privately owned modems. So the bottom line is Charter is slowly trying to take away the customer's ability use their own modem (although this varies by location). It may be a slow process, but I would be willing to bet that support for private modems will cease to exist in a few months.
squashpile
join:2001-06-13
Birmingham, AL

squashpile

I kept my owned 6120. Nothing was mentioned about my modem during the downgrade.
Ryan818
Medford, OR

2 edits

Ryan818

Like I said it seems to vary by area. Here in the Northwest they are providing folks with Cisco modems. I didn't have any heartburn about giving up my own modem. When I get fed up with Charter down the road and move on to another provider, all I have to do is give the modem back and be done with it. No need to keep buying new modems to keep pace with changes. It appears we are already getting charged a fee with the new price increases. It doesn't matter if we own the modem outright or use a Charter modem.
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned)

While the modem issue is important this thread is NOT about that issue. Let's keep this one ON TOPIC PLEASE. Further off topic posts will be removed. Thanks for your cooperation.
Ryan818
Medford, OR

Ryan818

I wasn't the first to mention the modem replacement. I believe this was mentioned by a previous poster in this discussion. I was simply addressing my experience with modems when I changed plans and downgraded my internet service from 100/5 to 30/4. I think it is perfectly relevant given that Charter is changing things up not just on the speed end but also on the modem/equipment side. They pretty much go hand in hand. Feel free to remove my posts if you see fit.