share rss forum feed

Phantasee

join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA
Reviews:
·Charter

New Mouse for WoW/MMO's

Click for full size
So I've tried a couple mice for WoW and other MMO's. Had a Razer Naga, broked. Got the newer version, broked. Buttons just failed. So I came across this Logitech G600 MMO mouse. LOVE.

Best mouse I have ever used on an MMO. All the buttons have a distinct feel. It's really responsive. Button operation is very quiet. I like how you can change the colors of the side buttons.

Very nice software you can download to customize the mouse as well. 10/10 IMO. Highly recommend.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

I got a Naga. Not impressed with the button layout on the side. My stepson got a Hex and loves it, I've been considering going back to a Logitech 518 or something equivalent.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

puppy

join:2010-01-28
reply to Phantasee

That looks very nice!

I have a razor but the buttons are too small for me, to be honest. I can maybe use 1-5, mostly just 5... :P

Are these buttons bigger/wider than the razor?

No glowy snake on its back though... too bad XD

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to Phantasee

Does it come lefty?

Phantasee

Hammond, LA
reply to Phantasee

I haven't seen a lefty. But the buttons are really easy to use and I find them to be easier to determine by feel than both of my Nagas that died. The wrapped cable is also quality. You can also make the lights do all kinds of crazy stuff.

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to Phantasee

That's just a bit too many buttons on a mouse for me to handle. But then, i'm left handed (I do mouse right-handed) and I do have a Logitech G11, with its 18x3 macro keys.

I also only tank/dps. I suppose for healers, that many buttons could be handy combined with mouseover macros.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

Endbringer

join:2012-10-07
Fishers, IN
reply to Phantasee

im kinda unhappy with my mouse...bought the steelseries Wireless Warcraft mouse
it has 10 buttons placed very convenitly all over the mouse but the wireless part is hit and miss (turned off on me a few times randomly so i just leave it plugged in now) and about every other time i log in to the game i have to turn the mouse off and back on agian to get all the buttons to work, not really worth the $125 i spent on it.

all my regular mouses have been logitech so i should have taken that as a hint, how much was this mouse?

Rhenai

join:2010-09-07
Elkhorn, NE
kudos:1
reply to Phantasee

I like the looks of this too - the idea of the different feeling buttons sounds great. I really need to find more ways to "keybind" and be more efficient, this looks like this will help me tremendously.
--
“Amor Fati – “Love Your Fate”, which is in fact your life.”

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE
reply to Phantasee

Just picked this mouse up two weeks ago as a replacement for my worn out G500. Great mouse.

mrbungle

join:2010-11-09
Staten Island, NY
reply to Phantasee

i get by with my 2nd Naga. i couldn't give Steelseries a chance with all the negative reviews i found of it on Newegg. when my Razer starts to futz up i'll definitely give the Logitech mouse a try.

i'm more of a fan of Logitech's audio products, all my computer speakers are from their THX-certified line and i currently use their Ultimate Ears buds for my phone. when i used a headset for gaming it was a Logitech brand.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE
reply to Endbringer

said by Endbringer:

all my regular mouses have been logitech so i should have taken that as a hint, how much was this mouse?

$79.99 is what I paid for mine. Might be able to find it cheaper.
--
Lore Nerd. Role Player. Raid Leader. Healing Priest. Slightly Annoying. Also Likes Kittens.

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5
reply to Phantasee

Did you try calling Razer about the mouse? I had an issue with mine 2 years after purchase and they replaced it for free. If you still have the mouse, you may be able to take advantage. I give Razer props for great customer service.
--
Goggalor: "Freedom of speech is not freedom of asshattery."

Mordred

join:2013-01-02
reply to Phantasee

This mouse might change me from a mouse clicker. I know I know what a newb, but I promise I dont stand in stuff..... too much

puppy

Don't listen to them Mord! Mouse clicking burns more calories and improve hand-eye coordination!

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
reply to Mordred

If you use the extra buttons this mouse, are you sill a mouse clicker?

I was looking at the Naga Hex that looks like a decent amount of buttons.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8

said by Jobbie:

No. Worst-case you become a hybrid.
--
Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

puppy

reply to Phantasee

Amazon has this mouse for $65 now

»www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gaming-M···086UK7IQ

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Immer

said by Immer:

said by Jobbie:

No. Worst-case you become a hybrid.

Hybrids for life, I have the most important things bound to a keyboard but there are some buttons that I must click, not sue why maybe is that I am used to them being there.
--

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8

you get to the point where you are keybinding things just so you can say they are keybound. If they aren't used enough to build muscle memory... there is no advantage to having them keybound. A simple click is fine... like Tranquility... it's channeled, I can't be running... no advantage to having it keybound.
--
Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Phantasee

Hammond, LA
reply to Phantasee

I have macros on the last row and I rarely, if any, have to click the UI. I use to click the UI a long time ago until I watched my friend do it and almost threw up and relearned. This is an amazing setup for pvp.

Phantasee

Hammond, LA
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to Phantasee

It took me about a week to get use to this mouse. And now I really don't see how I could play WoW or any MMO with another mouse. Especially just a normal mouse. I'm not saying it's a game changer but it's a game changer.

It's like being in the Matrix for pvp. People will know you lift, bros, and will regret coming @ you.

Mordred

reply to Phantasee

LoL

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Phantasee

I bought a G700 a couple months ago now. It's an awesome mouse with a great feel. It's got plenty of well placed buttons for gaming.

Wireless is flawless.

Mordred

reply to Phantasee

I had 1 wireless mouse 4 years ago, it would just crap out randomly. Wait 4 years, damn I am old..... Never mind, nothing happened, carry on.

Phantasee

Hammond, LA
reply to Ghastlyone

Never been a fan of wireless. It scares me. I like wires flying all over the place.

Phantasee

Hammond, LA
reply to Phantasee

I really need to get my wife using one of these. She's like all over the UI with her cursor. It's pains me to watch her suffer in noobland.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2

I'm stuck using a razer death adder...it's the only semidecent gaming mouse I can find for lefties. However, I have heard tell that razer is making a left handed Naga sometime this year.

Damn racist gaming mouse companies...

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

said by McBrain:

Damn handist gaming mouse companies...

FIFY
--

Mordred

reply to Phantasee

Not racist, but a god fearing company. The left hand is the hand of the devil.

Mordred

reply to Phantasee

Or the stranger, not sure