share rss forum feed

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to Phantasee

Re: New Mouse for WoW/MMO's

I picked up the Corsair Vengeance M90 , awesome mouse.
Newegg had it on sale for 50 with a 15 MIR, so 35 bucks was a steal.

mouse holds 6 profiles on board or you can have system memory profiles for more than six, 15 buttons which includes a sniper button for FPS games nice weight to it, aluminium chassis very comfortable

up to 5800 dpi, very pleased with it so far.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

Phantasee

join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to Venom1

said by Venom1:

9 button, +wheel up/down if you keybind them. the tactile pattern on the sides makes grip a non-issue, and the keys feel good, solid, but spring back up quickly. Logitech G300

I can't deal with buttons near my pinky. I am sure they can be disabled but touching them would drive me nuts. Looks nice for FPS's

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to Phantasee

Who the hell runs a mouse at 5800dpi setting? How can you even control it moving that fast?

I usually run mine at 1,000 and even that can be too much at times.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8

someone whose wife has his right hand bound in shackles to the desk... has to traverse the entire desktop with only finger twitches.
--
Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
reply to Phantasee

said by Phantasee:

said by Venom1:

9 button, +wheel up/down if you keybind them. the tactile pattern on the sides makes grip a non-issue, and the keys feel good, solid, but spring back up quickly. Logitech G300

I can't deal with buttons near my pinky. I am sure they can be disabled but touching them would drive me nuts. Looks nice for FPS's

the real problem i am finding is that the logitech software wants to map the mouse buttons to keybinds; that fights my vuhdo wanting to map mouse button presses to specific spells/macros. since i'm not currently healing I'm not going to put enough effort into remapping my keybinds/clique to work right.

I usuallly have my pinky down by the bottom of the mouse... not sure how you hold your mouse. Anyway my pinky is usually no-where near the right buttons.
--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.

Phantasee

join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA
reply to Ghastlyone

I'm not even sure what my G600 is set at stock.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE
kudos:13

1100 or 1200. It has the ability to program 4 DPI settings per profile, three to toggle through and one attached to the G-Shift shit. The initial base setting I'd roughly around that 1150 range.
--
Lore Nerd. Role Player. Raid Leader. Healing Priest. Slightly Annoying. Also Likes Kittens.

Venom1

Augusta, GA

said by Adalicia:

1100 or 1200. It has the ability to program 4 DPI settings per profile, three to toggle through and one attached to the G-Shift shit. The initial base setting I'd roughly around that 1150 range.

SHE'S ALIVE!!!!
--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:4
reply to Adalicia

said by Adalicia:

I actually use the DPI profiles when switching from Computer to Xbox.

Outside of that, I usually tweak in-game settings before using mouse profiles.

There are a few games however where vehicle steering is dependent on mouse sensitivity. So if you jack up your sensitivity, you can have an "unfair" advantage by being able to turn on a dime. I have used these profiles in the above situations but those are rare.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

Lincoln, NE
reply to Venom1

Alive and well. Spent three hours this morning putting together my new PC.

Morage

@telecomputing.se
reply to Krisnatharok

I was given a new razer naga, worked fine when I plugged it in but next time I started the computer I got a blue screen crash.
A friend that works for DELL who built my rig had a look, reinstalled everything changed some bits but still we got a blue screen crash if the dam thing was plugged in when the computer starts up. Glad it was a free gift and not something I payed out cash for.
It still works fine as long as its not plugged in when you start the rig but the hassle's of plugging and unplugging it means it spends its life in the desk draw as a backup while my old and faithful Logitech solders on.
Razers sight with drivers, forums and tek support is a mess, it looks very modern and flashy but is mostly totally useless if you actually need some help.
I dont have much faith in Razer products since my mouse wars so when my Logitech finally gives up, the narga can stay in the desk draw and I will get me a new Logitech mouse.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2

I'm looking to buy the Razer Naga Hex as it does not look nearly as intimidating as the regular Naga, since it has half the number of buttons on the side.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:4
reply to Adalicia

said by Adalicia:

Alive and well. Spent three hours this morning putting together my new PC.

Specs?

Venom1

Augusta, GA
reply to Goggalor

said by Goggalor:

I'm looking to buy the Razer Naga Hex as it does not look nearly as intimidating as the regular Naga, since it has half the number of buttons on the side.

thats what I was looking for when i bought my new logitech; i liked the feel of it. I also liked the user friendly approach of only 6 buttons on the side.
--
Blade with whom I have lived, blade with whom I now die; Serve right and justice one last time; Seek one last heart of evil, still one last life of pain; Cut well old friend, and then farewell.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

Lincoln, NE
reply to Snuffbox

Updated it on my profile here.

Criticals

join:2010-05-30
reply to Phantasee

Bought this mouse about 2 weeks ago and i would say i have finally gotten used to it. its incredible combined with an alt key I can use all of my movement keys, totems and damaging spells on my resto shaman. On my bar I just have my 4 main heals and long cooldowns.