Netgear RBSE960

owlyn to NetFixer

MVM

to NetFixer

Re: [IPv6] IPv6 Comcast Speedtest

said by NetFixer:

said by NetDog:

said by owlyn:

Yes, had it backwards. 2001 on the WAN side, 2601 on the LAN side. I still couldn't get it to work right, so I set my router to 6to4 Tunnel and tried the readiness site, and it worked, so I changed it back to DHCP, and got the IPV6 addresses again, and now I'm fine. Readiness 10/10, speedtest 52 down/10.5 up (Blast).

What type of router do you have? Sounds like you had to reset your settings to clear your DHCPv6 info. A little odd me so I would like to look into this.

Router Type and version would be great start.

My guess would be a Netgear router. I have to reboot my WNR1000v2-VC about once a week because it loses IPv6 sync. The router's WAN and LAN, and attached devices still have valid looking IPv6 addresses, but they don't work anymore until I reboot the router, and it gets (and redistributes to its LAN devices) new IPv6 address assignments from Comcast.

Yes, it is a Netgear WNDR3400. I've had this problem before, and switching it to tunnel and back again fixes it. Don't have to reboot, but still, it shouldn't be happening. My symptoms are the same as yours (IP6 addresses all look good, but IP6 doesn't work).

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by owlyn:

Yes, it is a Netgear WNDR3400. I've had this problem before, and switching it to tunnel and back again fixes it. Don't have to reboot, but still, it shouldn't be happening. My symptoms are the same as yours (IP6 addresses all look good, but IP6 doesn't work).

Actually, I can simply disable IPv6, save that setting, and then reselect DHCP for the IPv6 connection type, and the IPv6 connectivity resumes. But if I do it that way, the router actually keeps the old IPv6 address assignment along with the new IPv6 address assignment, so I prefer a reboot which provides a clean start.