join:2005-07-21
Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·mycybernet.net
·Switchworks

Switching from another ADSL Provider

Greetings all,

I am currently with another third party DSL provider. For the longest time, only because they are unlimited. But this whole "connected to the CO and only getting 3008 down" is getting old.

I have a landline (with Bell), I won't be changing that.

I have a third party Long Distance provider, I won't be changing that.

I am looking at either 10 or 15 meg DSL. I just want to make sure that it is an ADSL service and that my Netgear DGND3700 ADSL2+ router will work. I will need to get a single static IP.

Also, what general experiences have others had with changing from one provider (not bell) to Teksavvy? What is my best course of action in terms of exact steps to minimize downtime. And, the final and most important question, if I sign up for a 10 or 15 meg profile will I actually get connected to a neighbourhood node instead of the CO?

Essentially re the last question, I don't want to change providers if there is no room on the local remote. Its just a hassle I don't care to bother with. If I sign up am I guaranteed a slot on the remote or may they shunt me back to the CO?

Thanks in advance.

TSI Keith
Premium
join:2012-07-09
kudos:5

Hello there,

First off may I request that you provide us your full address in the direct forum here: »TekSavvy Direct so we can verify that 10 or 15 would be available for you.

Yes, if your equipment is ADSL2+ and not locked to another provider it will work on either of those speeds.

If you order 10 or 15 Bell definitely should provide that. Realistically speaking, we do live in a less than perfect world, but if Bell for some reason cannot provide the ordered profile than you would be eligible for a full refund should you choose not to keep the service.

Thank you,
Keith
--
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

Crowbar1

join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON
reply to zong

I doubt you could get those speeds from the CO anyway

zong
Premium
join:2005-07-21
Scarborough, ON

Crowbar, I know I couldn't get those speeds. But last time I asked my current provider to at least get me 5mbps by connecting me to a remote, they said it was full.

ergo, my problem.