spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

WayOut

@bhn.net

Double-talk

Purchased a eMTA modem after verifying compatibility on the BHN website. Along with the statements below, gleaned from the BHN web site in regards to support for your own eMTA equipment, I was told that I would not be allowed to use my own modem. What am I missing here?

»www.brighthouse.com/michigan/pol···m-policy

"To use your High Speed Internet and Home Phone services, you will need a cable modem or an embedded Multimedia Terminal Adapter (eMTA), collectively "referred to as Modem or Modems. You have the option of leasing a Modem from BHN, or you may use a DOCSIS-compliant Modem purchased from a third party retailer.

If you are using a BHN Modem, you will be assessed a Modem charge on your monthly billing statement. This charge includes technical provisioning, support and maintenance of the Modem. BHN will also repair and replace a BHN Modem for you at no additional charge.

If you are using your own DOCSIS-compliant Modem, you will not be assessed a Modem charge on your monthly billing statement. Please go to our support article for the most current list of DOCSIS-compliant Modems supported by BHN.

If the modem you provide is an eMTA, please be aware that BHN must install, secure, and provision that eMTA for use with Home Phone services. Additional service and installation charges may apply for installing and provisioning customer-owned eMTAs".

WayOut

@bhn.net
Well, I guess you need to talk with the right support person. I heard back from BHN and now I can use my own eMTA model, once they create their database to handle it. They've recorded my MAC addresses and I only have to wait to hear back from them. They are already removing the monthly equipment fee from my account.