spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

blinkyvx

@wideopenwest.com

email account "inactive" Used often, cant login

Used email account every day. One day couldn't' log in and tried to reset my password, got msg "my account has been deactivated"

-How do i re-activate my email account and why was it inactivated in the first place when i use it everyday.

StillLearn
Premium
join:2002-03-21
Streamwood, IL

said by blinkyvx :

-How do i re-activate my email account and why was it inactivated in the first place when i use it everyday.

The main email account can deactivate and reactivate an email account.

blinkyvx

@wideopenwest.com

cant get onto main email account as password doesnt work, cant verify as my grandma/aunt made it like 5 years ago and no idea of any of the information to "verify" the account when i've called tech support it goes no where.

StillLearn
Premium
Streamwood, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest

1 edit

Get the bill for the service. Call ATT customer support (there is a number on the bill) either in the presence of the customer or on a 3-way call. I would ask that that the password for the main email account be reset. Once you are into that account, you should change that password to something hack-resistant. Then make whatever changes need changing.

Tech007
Premium
join:2013-01-25
Belleville, IL
reply to blinkyvx

you could also post in the direct forum where you can post the account number and they could assist as well

StillLearn
Premium
Streamwood, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest

said by Tech007:

you could also post in the direct forum where you can post the account number and they could assist as well

blinkyvx is not the customer. I would hope they would not reset a password without some verification.

blinkyvx

@wideopenwest.com

the DSL service is deactivated like 3 years ago, i just kept using the email. so there are no bills to get said number

StillLearn
Premium
Streamwood, IL

In that case, everything I wrote before on this thread is irrelevant.

I assume you are using web mail. Try contacting Yahoo.

blinkyvx

@wideopenwest.com

ive called yahoo a few times, i cant do anything since i cant verify my account. since i dont know they phone they used,secret question sor account name.