how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

darkadept
Premium
join:2002-02-17
Greenwood, IN

[CDV] Comcast voicemail - does it support incoming faxes?

I currently have an AT&T pots line that I use for my alarm connection and that i use for work and was wondering if CDV has the capability to pick up a fax and send it to my email as a tif/pdf like I have now with AT&T. The guy at the bestbuy Comcast kiosk wasn't sure. I just signed up for triple play to save some money' especially after dropping AT&T.

Oceans11

join:2013-01-21
united state
Not at this time.

NotTheMama
What Would Earl Do?

join:2012-12-06

1 edit
reply to darkadept
If this is something you'd need on a regular basis, then you could get a dedicated fax line number from VoIP providers such as Callcentric and Anveo for a dollar or so per month.

[Edit: for clarity]
--
"Face piles of trials with smiles; it riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave."

darkadept
Premium
join:2002-02-17
Greenwood, IN
reply to darkadept
I have a fax machine, but it was a nice feature that I had with ATT and was hoping it was something that would carry through. It's not a big deal, but maybe something Comcast should consider offering for competitive reasons.

NotTheMama
What Would Earl Do?

join:2012-12-06
Well, it's the feature I'm talking about. You'd setup the number on their site for fax only; it would be received on the site and could then be emailed to you and/or you could retrieve it from the site.
--
"Face piles of trials with smiles; it riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave."

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5
reply to darkadept
Faxes are dying, efax @'s are cheap, but there is almost little reason to send them anymore with scanners and email being commonplace. This would be a waste of time for Comcast in the broad market.