spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

macbookproi5

join:2012-05-27

Setup questions before signing up with Vonage

Hi. I'm interested in signing up for Vonage's Unlimited to Globe Philippines plan. I just have several questions before i proceed with the sign up process. My question concerns the location of the main phone and the router. You see my main phone is located downstairs near the kitchen. I actually bought an extension phone which I haven't used yet. It's a wireless phone. Just to let you know bought phones are wireless. The router and the cable modem is located upstairs. I have no phone jack outlet in that room.

1. Do I need to buy a modem jack set so I could connect my other wireless phone to the vonage box?

2. Can I just directly plug in my wireless phone to the vonage box without using any device?

If I can just plug in my wireless phone to the vonage box set. Then I'll definitely get this plan.

Thanks.

NetFixer
Snarl For The Camera Please
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
·Comcast

Yes, you can just plug a wireless phone controller (or a single wired phone) directly into the Vonage adapter.

There is no need to connect the Vonage adapter's FXS port(s) to your in-house telco wiring unless you are going to be using wired phones in another room, or you have multiple wireless phones that each have their own controller and require a wired connection to the controller. If your wireless phones are DECT style phones, then a single DECT controller can handle multiple wireless phones with no wiring required.
--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.

macbookproi5

join:2012-05-27

Thanks. I just bought a regular wireless phone. I hope that would do.

NetFixer
Snarl For The Camera Please
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
·Comcast

1 edit

said by macbookproi5:

Thanks. I just bought a regular wireless phone. I hope that would do.

It will work fine for that one phone, but if you plan to use multiple cordless phones, you may need to either extend the in-house wiring to the room where the Vonage adapter is located (and make sure that the in-house telco wiring is disconnected at the NID), or put every cordless phone's base station in that room, or use a DECT cordless system.

To my knowledge, the DECT system is the only cordless phone system that uses a central base station that can feed multiple cordless phones, but perhaps there are others.

FWIW, I use a GE DECT Cell Fusion™ system that allows me to integrate a Vonage line, and two cell phone connections for access by the same DECT handsets.
--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.