how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

stardotstar

join:2000-12-13
Barker, TX

2 wire power supply replacement

Seems, if the one currently put in use this morning, these burn out or loose power causing modem to reboot. On my 3rd.

If you have the 2 wire 2701-HG, what power supply replacement have you bought that has lasted you a while and you are pleased with?

Thanks

d_l
Barsoom
Premium,MVM
join:2002-12-08
Reno, NV
kudos:7

Have you tried a DSLR site wide search on "2701-HG power supply"? I ran into quite a few threads like these:

»help me compare router/modem

»2wire 2701 hg-b modem

Also there were some threads about non-2Wire replacement power supplies. You might want to try widening the searches to "2701-HG-B power supply".
--
TCE Weather -- Mt. Rose Cam

stardotstar

Barker, TX

Thanks I found a new Motorola Business wi-fi 3347 for 30 bucks, should I grab it as a backup?

d_l
Barsoom
Premium,MVM
join:2002-12-08
Reno, NV
kudos:7
reply to stardotstar

Is it an AT&T-version model 3347? There are those that rave about how great their AT&T 3347 modems are. I have no personal experience with them and don't know if there are generic versions and AT&T versions. I'd be leery of a generic version unless you can find confirmation that it works well with AT&T.

If you don't plan on jumping to UVerse, either VDSL or IPDSLAM, and you don't think AT&T will force your migration to IPDSLAMs in the near future, then buy it. If your broadband switchs to either UVerse version, you'd have to sell or junk it as it wouldn't work with those services.
--
TCE Weather -- Mt. Rose Cam

Matt7

join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH
reply to stardotstar

If you have went through 3 power supplies I would begin to wonder if something else isn't wrong and zapping them..

stardotstar

Barker, TX

Well they were all new originals that apparently like others just start to give out. I am using an after market now and have had no issues.