All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
mj05
join:2008-04-02
Burlington, ON

mj05 to ellesmeer

to ellesmeer

Re: Is cable internet speed throttles in evening time every day?

Never...always getting 31/2 regardless of time it seems...it MAY go down 1-2mb but only for a minute or so during peak times. I use an Apple Airport Extreme router.

Shikomu
join:2007-11-16
Ontario

Shikomu

Mine is solid at about 31/2 24/7. I think channel bonding plays a big part. Can you send the Modem Stats ?
ellesmeer
join:2013-02-18

ellesmeer

said by Shikomu:

Mine is solid at about 31/2 24/7. I think channel bonding plays a big part. Can you send the Modem Stats ?

Thanks. I use modem DCM476. I am not good at IT technology. Would you like to give me any hints how to check modem stats? By the way, I am not internet speed-holic. My wife likes netflix HD movies. Sometime movie got a pause due to internet speed, which was annoying, especially during evening time.

Shikomu
join:2007-11-16
Ontario

Shikomu

basically you connect to the modem using the default address and go to Diagnostics. I'm not at home so don't have the address handy maybe someone can chime in and tell you.
Shikomu

Shikomu to ellesmeer

to ellesmeer
basically you connect to the modem using the default address and go to Diagnostics. I'm not at home so don't have the address handy maybe someone and chime in and tell you.
Guru
join:2008-10-01

Guru to ellesmeer

to ellesmeer
»192.168.100.1/Diagnostics.asp you will be able to pull the line stats.