spc
Search similar:

uniqs
thejtluv8
join:2008-12-14
Mission, KS

thejtluv8

[TWC] TWC KC clearQAM lineup change

Well, they're at it again. They just did this last October. LEAVE THE @#$%ING CHANNELS ALONE YOU @$$HOLES!!! I'll try to get a lineup put together in the next day or two. See the "TWC KC clearQAM lineup" link at the top of this post: »thejtluv.blogspot.com/20 ··· nge.html

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by thejtluv8:

Well, they're at it again. They just did this last October. LEAVE THE @#$%ING CHANNELS ALONE YOU @$$HOLES!!! I'll try to get a lineup put together in the next day or two. See the "TWC KC clearQAM lineup" link at the top of this post: »thejtluv.blogspot.com/20 ··· nge.html

looks like they did not move channels other than renumbering the subchannels of the existing frequencies. Dallas is having the changes that hit your area happening on March 5th. We are losing these from analog: EWTN, G4, WGN America, and CSPAN. Also they are moving:

KERA (PBS) HD
WFAA (ABC) HD
KTVT (CBS) HD
KTXA (IND) HD
KERA PBS World
WFAA Accuweather
WFAA Livewell (16:9 SD only as local station does not carry in HD)

There is also an 750MHz TWC area on the outskirts of the DFW area that are having some channels moved as well on QAM:
KDFW HD
KDFI HD
KXAS HD
Cozi tV
KPXD HD
KDAF HD

to new QAM channels to make room for the 8 downstream 4 upstream channel bonding on the internet for faster speeds

Suit Up
join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up to thejtluv8

to thejtluv8
TWC moves the ClearQAM lineup around all the time. There's not much you can do about it and the recently encrypted channels, other than purchase a CableCard tuner (since you use WMC). What I do for my ClearQAM tuners, since WMC is such a hassle when the channels change, is manually add them. So what I ended up doing was use GuideTool to delete all the ClearQAM channels, then use a standard HDTV to scan for the ClearQAM channels, go through them and write them down, back in WMC go to Tasks -> settings -> TV -> Add Missing Channels and add them in. Then when they change, just go back there and delete the ones that don't exist anymore and add in any new ones. This way you don't have hundreds of non-working channels that are disabled in WMC's Edit Channels list and you don't have to use GuideTool to delete them all.
thejtluv8
Mission, KS

thejtluv8

Check out my blogspot post at the top. You can blow out wmc settings, have it scan again, then tell it to auto select those with signals. (Be careful, this blows out your series recording settings too.) Then you can go back through and assign the appropriate listings, merge with ATSC channels, etc. It's still a PITA and I wish they would stop moving them. I pay for them and don't expect anything I don't pay for, I just with they'd keep them in one place. Since I moved in last Feb, they've done this once last October already, and now today. It's fairly time consuming until you get it all set.

Suit Up
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up

said by thejtluv8:

It's still a PITA[...] It's fairly time consuming until you get it all set.

That's why I do it the way I do. The initial setup is a bit longer, but after it's all set up, it's much quicker to just go to "Add Missing Channels" and delete the channel(s) that no longer work(s) and then add any new ones. You don't lose any of your settings for the other channels, your favorites, your series recordings, etc. You can still merge it with your ATSC channels. Merging is not hard at all, just go to Edit Channels, select the channel, Edit Listings, select the same listing as the channel you want to merge and then it offers to merge them for you.

Although, I guess even if you don't like my method, you can use GuideTool to delete all the ClearQAM channels and rescan for them thus not loosing any of your other settings.
thejtluv8
Mission, KS

thejtluv8

I couldn't remember how to get back in there. Plus all but a few of my channels were borked, so I said F it and started over.

Suit Up
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up

If you are going to stick with the blow everything away method, you might want to check out this tool: »www.seanmauch.com/seans- ··· -backup/

It will allow you to backup your scheduled recordings and then restore it.
thejtluv8
Mission, KS

thejtluv8

Cool, thanks!
JasonBKs
join:2012-10-25

JasonBKs to thejtluv8

to thejtluv8
Thought I was going crazy until I saw this thread. Went to make sure my NCIS and NCIS: LA were set to record tonight and had no signal on the old KCTV (71.2). Switched to what was KSHB (71.3) and noticed it was KCTV now. Arses.

The new frequencies that I've identified so far are:

KMBC (ABC) - 68.12
KCTV (CBS) - 71.3
KSHB (NBC) - 66.13

No luck so far for WDAF (Fox). I got the new frequencies from Silicon Dust but they still have 69.5 for WDAF, which was the old frequency and definitely isn't working right now.

The switch must have happened overnight because I a couple of shows record on KCTV and WDAF last night with no issues.
thejtluv8
Mission, KS

thejtluv8

This is absolutely infuriating. I think 'Suit Up' was right, should have left it be. Jason, I tried those 3 and they worked...it appeared the 3rd was low def. I'm not sure what I did last time. I think I had used my TV (Sony Bravia) tuner to do a scan, then figured them out that way...now when I scan, it's configuring them similar to an ATSC tuner (9.1, 9.2, 9.3 etc), so I have no idea what to enter in wmc manually. Need to find some scanning software that actually at works, unlike WMC.

Suit Up
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up to JasonBKs

to JasonBKs
said by JasonBKs:

I got the new frequencies from Silicon Dust but they still have 69.5 for WDAF, which was the old frequency and definitely isn't working right now.

Their website depends on user submissions (from those running the SD HDHomerun software), so it doesn't automatically update right away.
thejtluv8
Mission, KS

thejtluv8 to JasonBKs

to JasonBKs
I guess they updated their data yesterday? I was able to start using their info with success last night. WDAF appears to be 69.6. »www.silicondust.com/supp ··· hannels/

Here is an abbreviated list for KC of clearQAM only. I'm sure there are plenty of others, but these are the main ones.
»dl.dropbox.com/u/9468568 ··· rQAM.txt