spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

groingo

join:2013-01-24

Wave's 80 percent arguement doesn't officially hold water!

In the recent FCC article shown here at DSL Reports, the FCC would have serious issue with Waves claimed industry standard of delivering only 80% of advertised line speeds (even in off hours)...the industry would laugh Wave out of the room at 80%..."As for the rest of the ISPs in the FCC's study, most are at least getting close to what they advertise in terms of speed delivery. Cable offered 99% of advertised speeds at peak times to 85% for DSL"....Wave better wake up if they want to play with the BIG BOYS!

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6

groingo... In many of Wave's service areas, they are the only provider with anything higher than 1.5mbps DSL service. This means they do not need to compete and therefore are less interested in "play[ing] with the big boys."
--
flickr | 'Cause I've been waiting, all my life just waiting
For you to shine, shine your light on me

groingo

join:2013-01-24

They just keep buying the obscure smaller areas so that in about 7 years they will sell out to Comcast, they are just portfolio building, and I agree that lack of competition is the key problem and we all must remember, they are after all not an internet company but an investment corporation.