Oedipus

join:2005-05-09
kudos:1
reply to Poorfellow

Re: [Rant] Stop & Shop

said by Poorfellow:

said by Bob4:

I prefer to vote with my feet.

EDIT: And these stores have a zillion square feet. Would it really kill them to carry all 3 types of Glad 30 gal bags instead of just one?

Then why the fuck do your feet keep taking you back?

Because he likes to complain.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
reply to Poorfellow

Already covered:

quote:
I only go to this store because I can walk there from work.

Poorfellow

join:2008-03-16
New York, NY

said by Bob4:

Already covered:

quote:

So you're continuing to vote "yes" with your feet, and you don't have the capability to talk to the manager of the store face to face regarding your complaints... then complain about the time it takes to receive an emailed response from their corporate office?

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
reply to Bob4

Hmmm - I have all of these happen in ANY grocery store I have been in - this is by no means this store only. At lot of whinning about nothing.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

2 edits
reply to Poorfellow

said by Poorfellow:

you don't have the capability to talk to the manager of the store face to face regarding your complaints...

If they don't carry the type of garbage bag I wanted to buy, talking to the manager will not help. He's not going to produce the Glad bags from his hip pocket. And since I looked in the proper place for the cookies and the shelf was empty, there was no reason to think talking to a manager would help me. If they had the cookies, they should be on the shelf, and they weren't.

So there was no reason to expect that wasting even more time at the store would result in me being able to spend my money as intended.

said by Poorfellow:

then complain about the time it takes to receive an emailed response from their corporate office?

???
said by me :
Surprisingly, I got a prompt reply from them.

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
reply to CylonRed

Well this is the Rants, Raves, and Praise Forum.

AsherN
Premium
join:2010-08-23
Thornhill, ON
reply to Bob4

They don't carry Glad. Could have trie something else. Manager said he would have comped you a box of the other brand for you to try.

It's not unusual for featured on-sale items to be at the aisle caps.

Just asking a clerk about the cookies wuld have solved your problem.

Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
reply to Bob4

said by Bob4:

Already covered:

quote:

You really needed cookies and trash bags while at work? Are there no stores around your home?

You say you prefer to vote with your feet yet you keep voting to go back. Where is this actual vote?
--
"I like to refer to myself as an Adult Film Efficienato." - Stuart Bondek

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey

It was going to rain yesterday afternoon, so I wanted to go before it started. Otherwise, I would have stopped at my greatly-superior Kings supermarket on the way home.

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
reply to AsherN

Glad > Hefty

Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
reply to Bob4

Sounds like you did it to yourself then. You were unhappy with that business previously, you knew who would have what you want, and you still chose to go there.

So when is the next Stop & Shop rant post going to come about considering you still won't cast this so called vote of yours?
--
"I like to refer to myself as an Adult Film Efficienato." - Stuart Bondek

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey

Probably in about 6 months.

I still need the cookies, so maybe I should go there now.

GroovyPhoenx

join:2006-05-22
Gloucester, ON
reply to Bob4

I have found writing to corporate does very little good, they will pass on the information to the manager sure who then pretty much does as he likes.

In my case it was a bait and switch issue that really irked me, they'd constantly advertised one item and had another stocked in the place, now by law they should be giving the item but they always came back "Well that's not the advertised item" then WHY do you put the LABEL in front of it?!

I complained to the BBB which closed the complaint as "a complaint" which I found quite ironic. Being lied too since I have reported this at the store many times and have been ignored, they keep doing it.

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
reply to Bob4

So I stopped at Kings on the way home. They had the Glad bags in 2 different sizes(!), and I got my cookies.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to Cthen

said by Cthen:

You say you prefer to vote with your feet yet you keep voting to go back. Where is this actual vote?

The voting is neck-and-neck between the feet and the feet.
--
here comes leadership

Oedipus

join:2005-05-09
reply to Bob4

said by Bob4:

So I stopped at Kings on the way home. They had the Glad bags in 2 different sizes(!), and I got my cookies.

Oh I'm so relieved.

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey

I am, too.

Rojo

join:2009-04-14
New York, NY
reply to Oedipus

said by Oedipus:

said by Bob4:

Oh I'm so relieved.

LOL! Literally.

fruhead

join:2002-01-29
Mosquito,NJ
reply to Bob4

If you'd brought a gun the very first time, this whole thing could have been avoided.

Expand your moderator at work