Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

[Anime] Manga - currently reading!

Well, this is associated with anime, so I'll tag it with that.

Since we have a watching thread, why not a reading thread? We had a Bleach manga thread some time ago. Anyway, I have a few I read weekly:

Fairy Tail: I have gone back to re-read what is currently airing in the anime, and am picking up a couple of small things I missed initially. I love this series though, as even the manga conveys great emotions. I'm looking forward to the anime of the current arc.

Bleach: Holy hell! This arc is amazing! Right now the Kenpachi fight is something amazing to read - and make me want them to animate this all the more! I really hope they do animate it at some point, because the story has been such a turn for the darker when it comes to Bleach overall, it's deserving of it.

Mysterious Girlfriend X: Started reading this when the anime was on, and have continued with it. I wish it were a weekly series, and not a monthly one, as I usually forget about it, but I still find it enjoyable, even if it's rather odd.

Did you know they're planning to continue Highschool of the Dead? Yup, the author plans to continue it. Only took 2 years!

I've not read Naruto in forever. I kinda fell away from it. Haven't watched the anime either probably since Pain. Since I'm so far behind, I might try to find where I was and catch up again, since it would take a bit of time to read it all. =)

I check out Freezing from time to time as well, but have fallen behind on it as well.

Dennis
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL
kudos:5
Currently reading:
Bleach
One Piece
Naruto
Beserk
Claymore
Magician
Magi
Freezing
The Breaker: NewWaves
Cavalier of the Abyss
Until Death do us Part
Team Medical Dragon
King of Hell
Beelzebub
The World Only God Knows
Code Breaker
Gintama
Soul Eater
Sekirei
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
D. Gray-Man (although I don't know why anymore)
Rosario-Vampire II
Gantz
1/2 Prince (not really coming out right now)
High School of the Dead (what you said)
Switch Girl
Detective Conan (although I haven't for a while, every damn story is the same)
Witch Hunter
Drifters
Hayate the Combat Butler
Mysterious Girlfriend X (kinda gave up on it though)
Medaka Box
Gunslinger Girls

Probably a few more but some of them I'm taking a break from cause they just aren't in an interesting arc or what not (Hunster X Hunter I'm looking at you). Also a few series have ended like Air Gear or Mahou Sensei Negima or Katekyo Hitman Reborn! or Cage of Eden (worst ending ever) or Trigun.
--
My Blog. Because I desperately need the acknowledgement of others.

The Judd Family site!

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:4
reply to captokita
Reading Weekly/When they come out
Naruto- Was my first anime/manga, will forever hold a spot in my heart, though I am only reading the Manga at this point.

Bleach- Been reading every week too after I got into Anime/Manga. Been though the ups and downs, I am liking the current arch. I hope Kenpachi doesn't die, I like him

Cross Manage- It is a decent story, rater recent. It is part of my Shonen Jump subscription.

Dragon Ball (Full Color)- Never read the original, I have no idea what I am in for.

One-Punch Man- I see this being short lived, the story is nonexistent at this point, and I fear its being written in such a way that there maybe no way of starting one.

Blue Exorcist- I watched the anime, which ended with a thud, started the manga which I am really enjoying.

Rurouni Kenshin: Restoration - Never read the original, I have no idea what I am in for.

Btoom!- Watched the Anime and craved more, started the Manga, they are not too much farther along, but I really like this series.

Deadman Wonderland- Watched the Anime and craved more, started the Manga, I read it as it comes out. I am glad I read the manga, because the story really builds beyond the Anime.

Currently reading between other releases
Sakamichi no Apollon- Watched the Anime and craved more, started the Manga, from what i am reading they are nearly 100% the same. It is a completed work so I am not expecting anything different.

Looking to read
Uchuu Kyoudai- I love, I mean love the Anime, waiting until it ends before reading it so I dont bump up to current and read past the Anime. I did that with Naruto and stopped watching the Anime.

Another- Watched the Anime, wanted to give it a go. Haven't started yet, it is a finished story so I dont know if it adds to the story.

07 Ghost- Was recomended in the comments of an Anime I watch, I am waiting to start this.

Neon Genesis Evangelion- I guess it goes beyond the Anime, gonna give it a try.

Soul Eater-Watched the Anime, wanted to give it a go. Haven't started yet, we shall see.
--
STOP THE NSA WIRETAPS

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security
~Benjamin Franklin

sivran
Seamonkey's back
Premium
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX
kudos:1
reply to captokita
Still reading my one singular funny, heartwarming, disturbing, well-written emotional roller coaster of a manga. Kodomo no Jikan.
--
Think Outside the Fox.

DMWCincy

join:2004-04-27
Fairfield, OH
reply to captokita
Since I dont feel like repeating what all of you have listed already that I've read, I'll add the manga's I read that have not been listed:

ST&RS, Hunter x Hunter and Hajime no Ippo.

Ippo is my favorite between the three, a manga following a kid that becames a boxer. Its the only manga that makes me laugh hard.

ST&RS is an interesting manga. Think the movie Contact.

Hunter x Hunter is a great manga but with the author's health issues the manga has really suffer. I do hope it gets going again.

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI
reply to captokita
I've also been reading World Trigger as it is a new series in Shonen Jump. It appears to be a meshing of 3-4 works into a completely unoriginal story. I am really liking it though.

I have also put into my to-do list Zettai Karen Children as it is the main work behind an Anime that I am watching Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited I am really liking the Anime. I read a few pages of the Manga, and I am feeling a bit put off. I dont like the drawing style at all. I'll flip a head a few pages to see if it changes but it could be a deal breaker for me.
--
STOP THE NSA WIRETAPS

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security
~Benjamin Franklin

Dennis
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL
kudos:5
said by hitachi369:

I have also put into my to-do list Zettai Karen Children as it is the main work behind an Anime that I am watching Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited

Yeah I forgot I've been reading that too....took a break to let the chapters buffer a bit and haven't been back yet. Thought it was pretty good personally. Haven't seen the anime at all.
--
My Blog. Because I desperately need the acknowledgement of others.

The Judd Family site!

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1
reply to captokita
Currently reading:
Bleach
Naruto

Bleach:
Yeah, the Kenpachis (plural ) fight was.....wow!
Don't like what happened to the other one though. I think they could've pulled that same result off without what happened to that other person, but holy hell! I can't wait to see what happens know that you know who was introduced to you know what!!!!

They also never explained that the hell that other person's Bankai was. Kind of hard to even make out what it was supposed to be in the illustrations.

Naruto:
Shit got GOOOOOOOD!!!!! I hope Sasuke don't now all of a sudden decide to save Konoha after all of this. That would be pretty damned anti-climactic. I want to see the previous 4 Kages enter this fight. That would be INSANE!!!!!
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

DMWCincy

join:2004-04-27
Fairfield, OH

1 recommendation

said by Alpha Phoenix:

Bleach:

I did see it coming a long while ago that Ichigo would be a quincy. Back when we found out the fathers knew each other I guessed.

Kenny is one of my favorites and to have it end with him hearing his sword talk to him freaking rocks. I can't wait to see how powerful he really gets

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI
reply to captokita
Sakamichi no Apollon- I finished this series, I really liked it, its ending was more involved than the Anime. The rest of the Manga held true to the anime. It also had bonus chapters which went into each one the main characters futures. It was nice but sometime I just want to imagine what I want for the character’s futures.

I would suggest this Manga to anyone. Though it resolves around the characters love of Jazz, it is no different than a character’s love of being a Ninja or whatever, the Jazz is just a plot device, and it’s just a really well written story.
--
STOP THE NSA WIRETAPS

~Benjamin Franklin