Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to pandora

Premium Member

to pandora

Re: Guess which game PBS says caused Lanza to kill people?

They are now saying Lanza was obsessed with mass murderers.
That he wanted to "out do" the mass murderer in Norway. The guy that killed 77 people at a school. Though the local PD [sandy hook] is saying that is mere speculation.

IMO, maybe shit like this doesn't need to be fed on the national news. Because maybe by nationalizing it, they are only encouraging others to attempt to out do the last mass murderer.

»usnews.nbcnews.com/_news ··· ers?lite

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

I think we can drop it now. complaining about gossipers in the office is fine... until our complaining becomes no better than the gossip we are complaining about.

Phantasee
join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA

Phantasee

I wonder if Obama plays WoW.

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
So, news of mass killings shouldn't be reported nationally? Should the government step in and regulate what gets reported nationally?

Phantasee
Hammond, LA

Phantasee

said by shinjuru:

So, news of mass killings shouldn't be reported nationally? Should the government step in and regulate what gets reported nationally?

Assuming they already don't.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru
reported, yes... made famous/infamous by saturating the nation with non-news about a singular event... no. Nice try, shinjuru... but no, just no. No one is talking about asking the government to regulate their own media. We are talking about self control here... and the People should really let the media know that they are out of line.

Phantasee
Hammond, LA

Phantasee

Click for full size
This thread is now about my dog. Rate her. She plays WoW,

Tokidoki
Premium Member
join:2002-08-26
South Richmond Hill, NY

Tokidoki

Premium Member

Awesome dog there.

Phantasee
Hammond, LA

Phantasee

said by Tokidoki:

Awesome dog there.

Thanks. Best breed ever. InB4LockAndModWarningMeForTypingInB4Lock

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to Phantasee

Premium Member

to Phantasee
10/10! as long as someone else is her owner. I'm trying to get back to pet-free living.
Immer

Immer to Phantasee

Premium Member

to Phantasee
InB4LockBecausePhantaseeMentionedAMod

Phantasee
Hammond, LA

Phantasee

said by Immer:

InB4LockBecausePhantaseeMentionedAMod

Sorry, Mods. I love you, tho

shinjuru

West Coast

shinjuru to Immer

to Immer
Nice try? I'm trying to wrap my head around this concept of having the news media lessen national attention to stories involving mass killings in an environment like a school facility. I find it absurd that it wouldn't be getting the most attention on any community level; Local, State, or National.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru
said by shinjuru:

It's a thought that has been expressed so many times before. That reporting on these types of killings only encourages other would be killers to come out and try to out do the other guy.

Hence if it wasn't so overly reported in the media, then maybe there'd be fewer incidents of it.

The government doesn't have to step in, the news media could self censor as could the viewer.

Phantasee
Hammond, LA

Phantasee to shinjuru

to shinjuru
I agree, Shin. It should get attention. They just need to be careful how they present these theories on why it happened.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru
said by shinjuru:

Nice try? I'm trying to wrap my head around this concept of having the news media lessen national attention to stories involving mass killings in an environment like a school facility. I find it absurd that it wouldn't be getting the most attention on any community level; Local, State, or National.

There is no news. We've learned nothing in the wake of this. If the killer is still at large, or we think there might be a string of copy-cat attempts, then yeah... keep reminding folks... but that is not the case here. It is being hyped because of the administration's need for "tighter gun control"... while those who oppose are pushing for "a new look at mental health"... and THIS MSM goes after video games. All the while, we are still making an icon of the person, rather than focusing on how to provide better security.

Your all-or-nothing post about censorship as a response to a call for more responsible reporting is what earned a "nice try" from me. That is what I think was absurd. We don't need to know anything more about Lanza... (i don't even need to know his name)... we need to know what we can do to make schools safer... from those who break the law... that's how we learn from this event.

Phantasee
Hammond, LA

Phantasee

I just wish Horde had paladins.....

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I just wish horde had deodorant. Just like Worgans and Pandas need flea powder.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Phantasee

Premium Member

to Phantasee
I heard he played a horde paladin.

Phantasee
Hammond, LA

Phantasee

afk lunch break.

shinjuru

West Coast

shinjuru to Immer

to Immer
All or nothing? Certainly not my stand. I lean to all, if anything. You want less national attention by the news media and I'm just trying to understand how do you make that happen?