All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Pesterd
join:2013-01-22

Pesterd to RogersElise

to RogersElise

Re: Unlimited Internet option on Rogers for a limited time

I used online chat today thinking it will be an instant switch over, but the agent said my request has been escalated to the proper department. She said I will be contacted by email or phone once the offer kicks in. Also, I asked what the discount will be for me and she said discount of 70% will apply on $104.99 (Extreme Plus unlimited). Lets see where it goes.
technocar2
join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON

technocar2

said by Pesterd:

Also, I asked what the discount will be for me and she said discount of 70% will apply on $104.99 (Extreme Plus unlimited). Lets see where it goes.

That what they told me as well; 70% off on $139.99 (ultimate with $10 unlimited and modem rental and it would work out to be $41.99) but yyzlhr is saying it will only apply to $129.99 (ultimate and modem rental but not on the $10 for unlimited) and honestly I'm more inclined to believe what yyzlhr is saying, he seems to have a ton of inside news.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by technocar2:

said by Pesterd:

Also, I asked what the discount will be for me and she said discount of 70% will apply on $104.99 (Extreme Plus unlimited). Lets see where it goes.

That what they told me as well; 70% off on $139.99 (ultimate with $10 unlimited and modem rental and it would work out to be $41.99) but yyzlhr is saying it will only apply to $129.99 (ultimate and modem rental but not on the $10 for unlimited) and honestly I'm more inclined to believe what yyzlhr is saying, he seems to have a ton of inside news.

Unless things have changed there's no $10 unlimited for ultimate. Unlimited for ultimate is only available for non triple play customers for $30.
Aaerox
join:2011-09-27
North York, ON

Aaerox

Weird. I was apparently given $10 unlimited on my Old Ultimate with higher upload plan. (75/10) Maybe I should call in and verify.
amd64now
join:2007-04-01
canada

amd64now to yyzlhr

to yyzlhr
I just called again and yyzlhr is right. My bill simulation with ultimate at 70% discount came out with $30 not discounted. I never applied it yet as I am looking now at downgrading service to make up for it.
Pesterd
join:2013-01-22

Pesterd

That's what I did to make up a bit for potential no discount on $30. Went from Ultimate + 80GB to Extreme Plus + Unlimited.
amd64now
join:2007-04-01
canada

amd64now

said by Pesterd:

That's what I did to make up a bit for potential no discount on $30. Went from Ultimate + 80GB to Extreme Plus + Unlimited.

Good Advise, I did the same as you. Double confirmation when I applied it. The agent said she just came from a meeting about it. Double checked and the $30 is not discounted. She also needed to tell customers that after the promo period, adding home phone will not give unlimited for $10. Subject to change of course she said based on the promotion.
vincom
join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON

vincom to amd64now

to amd64now
can someone confirm, as a new customer do they get the 70% off internet, if so is it just for ultimate, if not what other discounts are avaiable for new customers
technocar2
join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON

technocar2 to yyzlhr

to yyzlhr
said by yyzlhr:

Unlimited for ultimate is only available for non triple play customers for $30.

You were absolutely right; I had to get help from the back end staff and @RogersHelps to manually get unlimited for ultimate for $30 on a triple play. But I have it now!
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by technocar2:

said by yyzlhr:

Unlimited for ultimate is only available for non triple play customers for $30.

You were absolutely right; I had to get help from the back end staff and @RogersHelps to manually get unlimited for ultimate for $30 on a triple play. But I have it now!

That's good. I can understand why they'd want to charge a premium for the ultimate tier, but to prevent your loyal triple play customers from getting it, is just stupid.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

Except for internet, wireless and maybe TV I don't know why you'd want to get anything else from Rogers..

dabonz7
join:2012-05-17
Ottawa, ON

dabonz7

they say its unlimited but it really is not so I dont know why rogers advertise unlimited 976459.97 GB that's how much you can download till march 31
kavmac
join:2011-10-20
Ottawa, ON

kavmac

system of limitations. and no, it's not until march 31st. you see that in my screenshot for month-to-date usage? nope. since their data usage reporting is full of fail, they need a way to report it for record keeping purposes. that's what the answer always is. record keeping purposes. it works for almost everything else, right?