dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
lPeeps
join:2013-01-26

lPeeps

[Speed Problem] How to explain Congestion to tech idiots =(.

Can someone please let me know how to make them check for congestion. I spoke to someone on these forums from verizon ( verizon line ) and he said that 99% its a congestion problem. But he wasnt able to do anything for me i have to call tech support. But they just want to do all the stupid tests like turn off your modem wait 20 seconds, Do a speedtest. And im just not interested in wasting my time doing that.

Thanks for the help.

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

sashwa

Mod

Who is your ISP - Verizon or Earthlink?
lPeeps

lPeeps

Earthlink, but they use verizon line.

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

sashwa

Mod

Okay. I just wanted to make sure you were posting in the correct forum.

hyphenated
@bellsouth.net

hyphenated to lPeeps

Anon

to lPeeps
They probably know about it. I would think the best thing you could do wouldbe to call them and try to explain to them nicely. They probably want listen, until you try their support steps.
lPeeps

lPeeps

I called like 2 days ago asked the guy if he knew what i meant when i said congestion, he said yes then said hold on for 2 minutes,, Came back and said ok i want you to turn off your modem for 20 seconds and then turn it back on. I hung up =(.
OriginalDrM
join:2003-05-08
Pompano Beach, FL

OriginalDrM to lPeeps

to lPeeps
What exactly are you experiencing? Are your speeds reduced or variable?

Just curious since I've had inexplicable issues the past month with Earthlink.
lPeeps

lPeeps

Reduced speed during like late evening.
OriginalDrM
join:2003-05-08
Pompano Beach, FL

OriginalDrM

Ah, I have been having problems where simultaneous uploading and downloading interferes with each other (to a large degree, not the usual expected adsl amounts).

Not Verizon. My local is ATT. Probably unrelated issues.

Still, crap tech support at Earthlink. I've been completely unable to get anyone there to understand my problem.