Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

Dead Space 2

I want to upgrade my PC to Win 7 but I am not done with the game. I will be copying my entire App partition that would include the Steam folder with Dead Space....

How do I keep my saved points so I do not lose my place...? Any hope of installing Steam, installing DS 2 and then copy a folder with the saved points?

Thanks,
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

shinjuru
Premium,Mod
join:2000-10-29
West Coast
Reviews:
·SureWest Internet

Reading over at »forums.steampowered.com/forums/s···=2136352
I imagine the location shouldn't be that different on Windows 7 32Bit.

On my Windows 7 (64-bit) system it is:

User/my_name/AppData/Local/EA Games/Dead Space 2

There are two files: controls.rmp and settings.txt

The saves are in:

Documents/My documents/EA Games/Dead Space 2

--
Games - GameTech - S.F.Bay -

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
reply to CylonRed

The saves are most probably in your documents folder... but which Windows are you running right now? Vista?

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County

Ewww - god not Vista - XP. Ok - I saw the save points on my Data partition which is also getting backed up.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to CylonRed

I actually downloaded a DS2 game save file from a Torrent that had the Foam Finger Gun. Copied and pasted into my save folder and was ready to roll.

You have to play through Zealot mode with no game saves to get that gun.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County
reply to CylonRed

Not going to be needed after all - like many games - I hate the ones where there is no hope of winning unless you play the game perfectly.

I should have known better but at least at the end of DS you could get enough ammo to beat it.

I get to Nicole with ONE line gun shot....
--
Brian

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5

I don't know man, I did multiple play throughs on this game and had more ammo then I knew what to do with.

Just fully upgrade the Ripper and slice through enemies like butter. Using that weapon you conserve a ton of ammo.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County

I had plenty of stored ammo but when you hit the Ishumura - it gets used up fast... Used the Ripper the last several chapters but so many shots missed - aiming sucks on it) and no time to find things to use other than ammo. I had at least 6 slots of health - medium - with a
couple saved and they disappeared very quickly the last 3 chapters.

I know I am not the hugely great at games like this but there should be some hope at the end for players like me.
--
Brian