how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sgtfrank

join:2000-09-04
Aurora, IL

[WIN7] Microsoft Keyboard (Keypad) Problem

WIN7 Ult. Keyboard/Mouse Combo.7000. Hardware several years old but new updated software on a new system I had built. Both worked fine for a few days then suddenly keypad(all keys)on keyboard quit working. Had a temp. problem with mouse (forward/backward on pages) fixed now. Have no clue about keyboard. Microsoft automatically updated older software so it is good. Tried reset buttons on keyboard & mouse several times. Any ideas very welcome. In all the years with computers I have never had this particular problem. Thanx in advance to anyone (no, I really don't want to buy new ones $120. retail).
--
"Ol Sgt. Frank (ret).......

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire
kudos:13

Check your windows update if there was an update for mouse/keyboard software. If there was revert to the one you had installed originally. Assuming that keyboard is not broken as in hardware failure

Cudni
--
"what we know we know the same, what we don't know, we don't know it differently."
Help yourself so God can help you.
Microsoft MVP, 2006 - 2012/13

sgtfrank

Aurora, IL

Thanx,Cudni,
I'll go back & check updates. There have been two but they were no help. I have old original install CD's I believe. If nothing else I'll start with them and take one update at a time. Thank you again.
--

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

direct download if you dont have luck with WU:

»www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us···#support

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire
kudos:13
reply to sgtfrank

It might be Mouse and Keyboard Center update that broke the functionality. Install instead original drivers

Cudni

sgtfrank

Aurora, IL

I'm striking out everywhere. Cudni,my original CD with drivers,etc will not be excepted as I have Win7Utlimate. I tried both downloads from did22 and they will not install as they are older then version on my computer. Am I really stuck buying new keyboard and mouse? I really like the setup I have, but.... Thank you everyone for your help. I'm still going to wait a bit before spending more money.
--