TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

Dead Space 3 Sale - $20 off

1 day sale on Amazon. All platforms available.

»www.amazon.com/gp/featur ··· i=507846

Phantasee
join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA

Phantasee

As much as I hate EA. This is tempting. Never tried the DS franchise. I have the water-downed version on my iPad Mini and it's rather fun.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926 to TheBionic

to TheBionic
I'd like to get it but I'v never played any games on origin except the free to play's and crysis 3 beta so no.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to TheBionic

Premium Member

to TheBionic
Interesting. I never got into the first one, but am about 60% of the way through DS2.

I don't like the Pay-to-Win aspect of being able to drop real cash on a SP game, so I am going to pass. I think EA has gone too far this time.

Besides, I just picked up Crysis 3, just rediscovered how good Mech Warrior Online has gotten in the 6 months, and just discovered Hawken.

Oh and I am supposed to be maintaining two raid-ready chars in WoW. I'm a busy man.

Phantasee
Hammond, LA

Phantasee

The EA titles on iOS are all pay-2-win. I am so afraid the mainstream, PC MMO genre is heading that way....it will be a noobfest of epic fail proportions.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

1 recommendation

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I don't care about handhelds. The tie-in to your cell phone bill is just too good for devs to resist.

Besides, if the game costs $6.99 to begin with, I can see how they factor in people being willing to pay $2.00 for an in-game boost.

But on a PC, AAA-rated game that costs $59.99 to begin with? Fuck no. When I spend money, it's going to be in a F2P game that is not pay-to-win, like League of Legends (if I still played that).

MechWarrior Online has the same concept--you can buy XP boosts, or pay to unlock additional mechs with virtual currency instead of XP, but there's no way you can cheat and instantly upgrade everything with cash. You only can do that through XP and lifetime XP.

Phantasee
Hammond, LA

Phantasee

Yea. The hand held games make sense. It just seems that I have been reading more and more about the hand held market being the new benchmark for gaming/computing. Scary in a way.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

I don't like the Pay-to-Win aspect of being able to drop real cash on a SP game, so I am going to pass. I think EA has gone too far this time.

I'm the same way, I have no intention of getting this. I'm probably about 60% done with DS2 as well, got it free with a BF3 pre-order back in the day. But I thought it was a good deal nonetheless and entice some people who may have been on the fence. By all accounts it's a good game, if with a fucked up business model.

Phantasee
Hammond, LA

Phantasee to TheBionic

to TheBionic
That's what annoys me about EA. They are VERY capable of making quality, high-end AAA games. They really are. But their business practice sickens me.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord

said by Phantasee:

That's what annoys me about EA. They are VERY capable of making quality, high-end AAA games. They really are. But their business practice sickens me.

They're slowly sucking the soul out of talented developers like Bioware.

Wasn't it EA that acquired Westwood studios, which delivered the awesome Red Alert and other C&C games, and then they sort of shut it down?

EA is evil. EA stands for Evil Asshole, OK?

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Westwood studios has a memorial page on facebook.

Supposedly, a few of the former developers from Westwood have been busy keeping the abandonware running.

Games like Earth and Beyond [Free to play], I think Command and Conquer as well.

EA killed Origin as well. I dunno if richard garriott and the other heads of Origin are to blame for that move, or not [I think they are].
All I know is that since Origin died, UO has lingered on as a "cash cow" for EA [granted it's not making millions off of UO, but EA has to put very little effort into the game and get a good return].
The wing commander series vanished, Privateer vanished, both great game titles.

So yes I agree, EA is the Big Evil to gaming.

Sadly they have some decent titles as well:
Deadspace, Mass effect, and a few others. I guess I'll buy the games used to cut some profit off of EA's margins

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed to TheBionic

MVM

to TheBionic
Looks like Ellie got her eye back... Based on some of the comments - EA is allowing some items to be paid for to get in the game - even single player??? Is EA forcing the purchases to be able to finish the game?

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

It's not forcing at all, it's just bypassing some of the effort required to earn an item.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

K - unfortunately - this is a new revenue stream for those willing to spend cash on in game items and does not take any real extra effort from the development house. I am going to expect this more unfortunately.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Yup, I agree.