how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

lleader

join:2011-01-01
Mississauga, ON

2 edits

Minor Teksavvy e-mail concern/complaint.

I apologize in advance for the relative insignificance of this problem, but I am curious if it can be fixed.

I do not use webmail. I use Thunderbird and PopTray to read/check my email. Ever since what I assume were changes to the email system some time ago the response time to access my email has significantly (to me) increased. It used to only take two or three seconds for a response to a request for new email. It now takes 22 to 25 seconds, which somehow feels like an eternity.

This Saturday (Feb 16) however I was pleased to note things were back to the three second response time. Alas, this was short lived and by later Sunday it was back to the 25 second wait.

Anyone else experiencing this? Comments? Suggestions?

EDIT: I may have been confused by the long weekend - it was probably Sunday the 17th that the response returned to 3 seconds for a day.

TSI Alan
Premium
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON
kudos:5
Hello,

Can you please sign in using the WebMail interface, and see if you find the same (response time) delays there?

If the delay is present in WebMail too, please post your account info in Direct, and we can further investigate the issue for you there.

Thank you.
--
TSI Alan (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee
Follow us on Twitter: @TekSavvyCSR; @TekSavvyNetwork

lleader

join:2011-01-01
Mississauga, ON
said by TSI Alan:

If the delay is present in WebMail too, please post your account info in Direct, and we can further investigate the issue for you there.

Well, I tried WebMail, and although I am not familiar with how it functions it seems to respond immediately. That is, I click on refresh and it comes back in an instant telling me there is no new email.

From the wording of your response above, does the fact that WebMail responds quickly mean that I should not post in the direct forum? ie: you are not concerned about my slow response with Thunderbird?

TSI Alan
Premium
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON
kudos:5
Please go ahead and post your account info in Direct and we can look into the problem further.

The thought process behind my word choice was if this might be a mail server issue as opposed to an email client program issue.

Either way, we will investigate it!

Thank you.
--
TSI Alan (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee
Follow us on Twitter: @TekSavvyCSR; @TekSavvyNetwork