share rss forum feed

Graystoke

join:2006-03-24
Stockton, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·AT&T U-Verse

Enough With The "Back In My Day" Adds

Is anybody else sick of those stupid "back in my day" Uverse adds on TV? They are so lame and annoying. Every time I see one of them, I click the mute button on the remote. All those adds are doing for me is, make me want to dump Uverse and go back to cable, or try satalite. Sorry, but I just had to vent.

Rangersfan

@sbcglobal.net

You would change service providers because of a TV commercial that you don't like?

Matt7

join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Insight Communic..
reply to Graystoke

said by Graystoke:

Is anybody else sick of those stupid "back in my day" Uverse adds on TV? They are so lame and annoying. Every time I see one of them, I click the mute button on the remote. All those adds are doing for me is, make me want to dump Uverse and go back to cable, or try satalite. Sorry, but I just had to vent.

Good luck -- You'll see them on your other choice of provider... I don't have anything but over air tv and see the Uverse "Back in my day" ads...

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Comcast
·AT&T U-Verse

Enjoy

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=X17rLJrIBKE

Graystoke

Stockton, CA

said by Darknessfall:

Enjoy

(youtube clip)

Yeah, seen that piece of insipid shit already.

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state

How about 'back in my day, I had the same speeds that uverse barely gets, and now mine is 4 times as fast'?

Somebody should send that idea to a cable company...

Matt7

join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Insight Communic..
reply to Graystoke

Back in the day we had it soo hard.. we paid less and got the same speed as you.. and without additional "high speed internet fees" .. It must be soo nice to now days get the same AT&T Speed but ensure the execs make just a little more by paying more! I wish we had it soo lucky back in the day.

Tel

join:2001-10-12
Mauldin, SC
reply to Graystoke

Back in my day, I had enough sense to ignore ads I didn't like.

maartena
Elmo
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA
reply to Graystoke

said by Graystoke:

You will see the exact same ads on DirecTV too you know. Perhaps a little less, because now some of the adslots will be filled with DirecTV ads, which are also annoying.

I must agree though.... from all the TV-carriers that advertise here (FIOS, TWC, DISH, DirecTV, AT&T), the ones from AT&T are definitely the most annoying....
--
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
Reviews:
·Comcast
·AT&T U-Verse

Try dealing with AT&T U-verse, AT&T Wireless, Dish, DirecTV, Verizon FiOS, Cox, Charter, and Comcast Xfinity ads all at the same time lol. We also have Optimum nearby but they don't have many ads. Try dealing being in an area with pretty much all the major companies nearby except for TWC ;/. FiOS ads are rare but still occur :P.

Darn, while I was typing this I got hit by another U-verse ad lol. I don't care about your "Same price for 2 years along with two times the speed than before."

Paralel

join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US
kudos:4
reply to Graystoke

It must be nice to have so little to complain about in life one has to hate on TV ads

Graystoke

Stockton, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·AT&T U-Verse

said by Paralel:

It must be nice to have so little to complain about in life one has to hate on TV ads

I'll admit it, I have very little to complain about at this time in my life. I just think those ads have run its course. Just to prove I'm not a total grouch, I did like those Dish Hopper ads.

guhuna
Premium
join:2001-03-31
Clayton, CA
Reviews:
·PHONE POWER
reply to Tel

said by Tel:

Back in my day, I had enough sense to ignore ads I didn't like.

QFT
I've never heard this commercial now until this thread, Each and every time I see a commercial I mute the TV. I'm not paying to watch commercials.

Wily_One
Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA

1 recommendation

reply to Graystoke

"Well, well, well..." LOL

Yeah the ads are annoying. This is why I often mute commercials when watching live TV. (And of course skip them entirely when they're recorded shows.)

Michail
Premium
join:2000-08-02
Boynton Beach, FL
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to maartena

said by maartena:

said by Graystoke:

You will see the exact same ads on DirecTV too you know. Perhaps a little less, because now some of the adslots will be filled with DirecTV ads, which are also annoying.

I must agree though.... from all the TV-carriers that advertise here (FIOS, TWC, DISH, DirecTV, AT&T), the ones from AT&T are definitely the most annoying....

I find the DirecTV ads rather funny. Most are just over the top humor. The sneezing dentist get me every time. The next one could be "Cable, worse than a ... U-verse commercial."