spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Eug
join:2007-04-14
Canada

Eug

Door-to-door DSL salesmen - Bell

Bell should really reign in its door-to-door salesmen. Cuz some of them are either very ill-educated about what they're selling, or else they're liars.

One guy came to my door and tried to sell me Bell Fibe. I said I wasn't interested. He asked who I was with so I told him truthfully, a 3rd party ISP - Bell reseller, but with the same technology as Bell Fibe.

He went on about how Fibe was fibre to the neighbourhood and non-Bell ISPs have shared bandwidth for your line. All technologies do share some, but I'm guessing he was talking about cable.

I figured he would have realized I knew a bit about the various ISPs when I specifically mentioned my 3rd party provider being a Bell VDSL reseller, but maybe not. Either he just doesn't understand, or else he's outright lying.

I felt like someone was trying to sell me a fixed-rate natural gas contract or something, it was that bad.
Expand your moderator at work
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983 to Eug

Premium Member

to Eug

Re: Door-to-door DSL salesmen - Bell

Yup.. They're pretty bad.

I can't tell whether they've just drunk the Koolaid, or know that they're spewing BS.

I'll usually tell Bell's people to get lost, but I'll screw with the Rogers ones for fun.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by resa1983:

....I can't tell whether they've just drunk the Koolaid, or know that they're spewing BS....

Two Words : On Commission
GeoStar
join:2011-02-10
j2e6f5

GeoStar to Eug

to Eug
hmmm I've always wondered why Americans allow salt peter and guns in the home ?

furnace and fibbber sales people ....
Dunlop
join:2011-07-13

Dunlop to Eug

to Eug
I have never had a salesman come to my door, I wonder if this is not allowed in Quebec?

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to Eug

Premium Member

to Eug
The "shared pipe" is no longer a factor, since FTTN (ADSL2+, VDSL2) is shared as much as cable is, since the Remotes are in your neighbourhood, and the uplink to them is limited, same like cable nodes.

I had congestion on my VDSL2 remote until a second gig link was added to it.
bbiab
join:2004-05-26

bbiab

How were made aware of this second link, or the fact there are now 2?

alienzzz
join:2011-02-17

alienzzz to Dunlop

to Dunlop
said by Dunlop:

I have never had a salesman come to my door, I wonder if this is not allowed in Quebec?

I had bell salesmen come to my door a couple of times. Always told them "I would not use bell even if it were free."

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

I've had one of them come to me once too.

Tried to tell me that with Fibe, I'd be on real fiber all the way to my computer and not old copper technology from the 80s that I had. Unfortunately, he was unable to explain why would this imaginary dedicated fiber I'd get had such a tiny cap... or why it even need a cap. But he did tell me that I could download thousands of emails and visit thousands of webpages with it!
Gami00
join:2010-03-11
Mississauga, ON

Gami00

instead of answering his questions, you should just say.
"Don't bother with the sales pitch. Give the details and costs on paper, and I'll get Rogers Retention Service to beat it."

that way they won't bother trying to convince you about some crap technology they're going to lie about. I'd like to hear what excuses they use when trying to beat out Rogers on a sale.
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

ekster you could be in a Fiber to the Home community P:) so that part might be true.. heh. but agree cap is silly.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

No, there's definitely no fiber here.
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

well i almost wish i had your problem would mean bell was Putting some effort into my area they upgraded all the facilities but then just kinda forgot it exists..