join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up to thejtluv8

to thejtluv8

Re: [TWC] TWC KC clearQAM lineup change

said by thejtluv8:

It's still a PITA[...] It's fairly time consuming until you get it all set.

That's why I do it the way I do. The initial setup is a bit longer, but after it's all set up, it's much quicker to just go to "Add Missing Channels" and delete the channel(s) that no longer work(s) and then add any new ones. You don't lose any of your settings for the other channels, your favorites, your series recordings, etc. You can still merge it with your ATSC channels. Merging is not hard at all, just go to Edit Channels, select the channel, Edit Listings, select the same listing as the channel you want to merge and then it offers to merge them for you.

Although, I guess even if you don't like my method, you can use GuideTool to delete all the ClearQAM channels and rescan for them thus not loosing any of your other settings.
thejtluv8
join:2008-12-14
Mission, KS

thejtluv8

I couldn't remember how to get back in there. Plus all but a few of my channels were borked, so I said F it and started over.

Suit Up
join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up

If you are going to stick with the blow everything away method, you might want to check out this tool: »www.seanmauch.com/seans- ··· -backup/

It will allow you to backup your scheduled recordings and then restore it.
thejtluv8
join:2008-12-14
Mission, KS

thejtluv8

Cool, thanks!