I Did What?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-25
Bloomington, IL

Sith HMP to sbconslt

Premium Member

to sbconslt

Re: Java SE 7 Update 15 & Java SE 6 Update 41 released

I'm confused. Under the affected versions portion it lists older versions and above as vulnerable. Does this mean if I install one of the older versions not listed that this newest nonsense going around will not affect me? Or, is version 7/15 fixing all of that?

sbconslt
join:2009-07-28
Los Angeles, CA

1 recommendation

sbconslt

7u15 and 6u41 are the new security baselines.
redwolfe_98
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11

1 recommendation

redwolfe_98 to Sith HMP

Premium Member

to Sith HMP
said by Sith HMP:

I'm confused. Under the affected versions portion it lists older versions and above as vulnerable. Does this mean if I install one of the older versions not listed that this newest nonsense going around will not affect me? Or, is version 7/15 fixing all of that?

in my opinion, if you are going to have java installed on your computer, you should install the latest version..

keeping everything up-to-date is part of keeping your computer secure..
slajoh01
join:2005-04-23

slajoh01

Oh great.....I just added Java 7 u13 to my OS image file.
And now another one. What a mess.

Sith HMP
I Did What?
Premium Member
Bloomington, IL

Sith HMP to redwolfe_98

Premium Member

to redwolfe_98
Yes I get that and I did install 7_15. I was just curious if the lower versions were indeed not affected by all of this recent mess.
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA

1 edit

SpHeRe31459

Premium Member

said by Sith HMP:

Yes I get that and I did install 7_15. I was just curious if the lower versions were indeed not affected by all of this recent mess.

No what that security bulletin says is it affects all versions prior to 7u15, and then it lists the last version before today's release.

i.e. "JDK and JRE 7 Update 13 and earlier"

There are massive holes/exploits in any previous version, that Oracle keeps patching. So no you wouldn't want an older version.

Sith HMP
I Did What?
Premium Member
Bloomington, IL

Sith HMP

Premium Member

That's what I was after. Thank you.