spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Bruce Lee

@dsl4u.ca

The internet line sucks

Hey there, internet really sucks where I'm at. It is either slow or doesn't work altogether

Is there a way to see if there's a pattern (say 3 o'clock it always breaks)?

If it has a nice little graph, it would be great as I want to show others that the internet line objectively sucks.

Locutus65
Why bother?
Premium
join:2001-05-24
Houston, TX
kudos:2
I've used this for years. I'm also having the same issue you are. Net drops between 5 and 7 every night. First it gets slow then quits then after about 20-30 minutes it comes back up. Been going around and around with Comcast. Have had 2 techs out already and they are sending a 3rd.
Anyway here's a link to TCPIQ line speed meter.
»www.tucows.com/preview/505135
--
Today I saw something that reminded me of you. But don’t worry, I flushed and everything went back to normal.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
reply to Bruce Lee
»/schedule

Some ISP forums provide monitoring for free.

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO
reply to Bruce Lee
If your router answers to pings you can smoke ping it:

»/smokeping

Locutus65
Why bother?
Premium
join:2001-05-24
Houston, TX
kudos:2
Will smokeping slow my internet connection at all? I work from home and can't have my internet slowed.

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO
Nope, pings are given the lowest priority.

Bruce Lee

@dsl4u.ca
reply to dib22
Ok my IP is not pingable... I see that you can install smokeping on your own computer, so if I do that, what IP should I ping?

Msradell
P.E.
Premium
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY
reply to Locutus65
said by Locutus65:

I've used this for years. I'm also having the same issue you are. Net drops between 5 and 7 every night. First it gets slow then quits then after about 20-30 minutes it comes back up. Been going around and around with Comcast. Have had 2 techs out already and they are sending a 3rd.
Anyway here's a link to TCPIQ line speed meter.
»www.tucows.com/preview/505135

This Software sounds great, but according to the website is no longer available after January 18, 2013!

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp
kudos:8
reply to Bruce Lee
Try PingPlotter:

»www.pingplotter.com/freeware.htm ··· are.html

It installs on your machine.
--
Nothing makes an American want to do something more than telling them they can't.