gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC

gatorkram to Cptbeatstix

Premium Member

to Cptbeatstix
Stop bumping this topic to the top of the heap, it takes me ages to scroll down to the end to see what wonders have been added to the end of it.

no wait, I mean wait wait there we go.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

said by gatorkram:

it takes me ages to scroll down to the end to see what wonders have been added to the end of it.

Click the "e".

Phantasee
join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA

Phantasee

said by Snuffbox:

said by gatorkram:

it takes me ages to scroll down to the end to see what wonders have been added to the end of it.

Click the "e".

No, don't. Many lulz will be missed.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
Winterville, NC

gatorkram to Snuffbox

Premium Member

to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

said by gatorkram:

Click the "e".

We don't have one of those thingies yet.. We need a few pages first, I think. So keep up the good work, I guess.

Something something world of warcraft, something something I forget what the original topic was, something something 5.2 patch something something, blah blah wowhead, something something.

There, back on topic, or something.
Expand your moderator at work

Rhenai
join:2010-09-07
Pensacola, FL

Rhenai to Cptbeatstix

to Cptbeatstix

Re: Don't wait for blizzard.

OK back on topic....

I think the idea of wanting to mentor, to share learning experiences is a grand idea. I wish it was that easy. However, I think that in reality, you/other mentors will find a lot more frustrations.

The amount of people that genuinely wish to learn, and are willing to listen, to take direction, is going to be a small handful, in the big picture. Ever hear the saying "no good deed goes unpunished" - which I'll admit is a very negative stand, but more often than not, true.

With all the projects that people do within WoW - the raiding, the farming, the gearing up, the endless daily grinds, adding to this mix the responsiblities of mentoring will be very challenging, and not very rewarding. It would take the patiences of a saint and we know, there aren't that many around here

Having said this, I do believe that guiding people to good resources, or whispers offering guidance or suggestions will be more rewarding, less taxing; you'll get more of the instant gratification of helping someone.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I can't count the times I've gotten "stfu phagget dis iz LFR" when I have attempted to whisper somebody, even co-tanks, trying to set the strats or explain how I am seeing the fight.

If people are open to be mentored is great but must of the time you get the above behavior.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
Winterville, NC

gatorkram to Cptbeatstix

Premium Member

to Cptbeatstix
Alright, fine, on topic...

I started a brand new guild, on a brand new server, right around the time LK hit. The server was Grizzly Hills.

We had tons of real new people to the game, and for the most part, everyone was in the same boat. Everyone was broke, professions were very useful, etc etc.

It was the best time I ever had in my wow life.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

said by gatorkram:

I started a brand new guild, on a brand new server, right around the time LK hit. The server was Grizzly Hills.

I'm sorry, I xferred OFF Grizzly Hills Alliance shortly after LK dropped, and coming to Mal'Ganis kept me playing.

I pity that server.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

said by Krisnatharok:

said by gatorkram:

I'm sorry, I xferred OFF Grizzly Hills Alliance shortly after LK dropped, and coming to Mal'Ganis kept me playing.

I pity that server.

Yeah, I still have a few toons over there, more or less simply keeping the guild there, with the bank, and slots, and such. Our guild fell apart and so did the server, frankly.

All my mains are on Earthen Ring, it's been my home on and off my entire wow life. I first stated the game on a pvp server, bloodfist, what a mistake that was. Soon after hitting the pvp zones, and getting ganked over and over, I stopped playing those toons, and looked for a new server. I picked ER. I've been on many many many different servers over the years, as it used to be my thing to chase new servers, and roll new toons on them. I miss those days sometimes.

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

Grimm to Phantasee

to Phantasee
said by Phantasee:

...at the end of the day you just want to unwind and get a little "adult".

TWSS
Cptbeatstix
join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix to Immer

to Immer
Only reason why is that that Kargath is dying sadly. Used to be a high pop server in cata. Everyone just deuced out.
Cptbeatstix

Cptbeatstix to Snuffbox

to Snuffbox
Maybe not an instant gkick, but the toleration for fighting amongst each other won't be much. What happens in whispers stays there. And by patience, that's with dealing with new players in dungeons. I think I wiped about 7 times in SSB with a brand new player. Literally only played a month and didn't know that you needed to be in defensive stance or thunderclap for aggro. I helped him out a little bit. Definitely tested my ability as a healer.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Cptbeatstix

Premium Member

to Cptbeatstix
said by Cptbeatstix:

Only reason why is that that Kargath is dying sadly. Used to be a high pop server in cata. Everyone just deuced out.

Okay... well, if you are moving to a new server anyway... a fresh start is a great way to do it. How do you eat an elephant?

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

I'm not falling for that again. That's like innocently clicking /r/spaceclop

Not again.

Sneaky Immer you.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

lol... /sidehurt-laugh

I tried to find an origin for the old saying "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time"... didn't find one. But that site I linked had some interesting entrepreneurial 'positive thinkingism' that I thought some here might like.

I applaud your reticence... I have been known to "rick-roll"...

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
Winterville, NC

gatorkram to Cptbeatstix

Premium Member

to Cptbeatstix
Oh no, this topic is doing it again...

Has a server been picked yet? Am I in the right thread? I think I'm lost.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

He might not be able to do it for a while. Times are hard IRL... here's to better days in the not-too-distant future.../toast.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

said by Immer:

He might not be able to do it for a while. Times are hard IRL... here's to better days in the not-too-distant future.../toast.

Ohhh same guy from the other thread huh, man, I need to pay attention more. I guess someone else could pick up the baton and run with it.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Agreed. I think we should carry this baton to our respective servers. I like to think that we at PnE play with this focus in mind. We are human, we mess up from time to time, but overall, I think we are of this mindset. But we are Alliance... I think someone mentioned starting something horde side. That would be very cool.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Immer:

Agreed. I think we should carry this baton to our respective servers.

Totally agree with you there. Aftershock on Mal'ganis Horde has this mentality and we are always open to help.
Cptbeatstix
join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix

The gaming community has just become so competitive that people just expect the best out the gates. It used to be a very forgiving place if you took someone's advice. I miss that time.

Rhenai
join:2010-09-07
Pensacola, FL

Rhenai to Immer

to Immer
Interesting profile pic now, Immer - does this mean you really ARE a white knight?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

checkmate

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14

said by Immer:

checkmate

you sunk my battleship!!!

Endbringer
join:2012-10-07
Fishers, IN

Endbringer to Cptbeatstix

to Cptbeatstix
once a horde guild and a server is picked i think i would be very interested in this. i have alot to learn

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
Winterville, NC

gatorkram to Cptbeatstix

Premium Member

to Cptbeatstix
So how is this going?

Did everyone just decide to do this on the server they are on now, and not get together on one server, and start new toons and such?

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

My time ran out and I haven't entered another time code. Sad thing is, I have 6 time code cards on my desk, I just lack the desire to play, currently.