Washington, DC
Actiontec GT784WN

DC DSL to Bob4

Premium Member

to Bob4

Re: [Rant] Stop & Shop

said by Bob4:

I prefer to vote with my feet.

EDIT: And these stores have a zillion square feet. Would it really kill them to carry all 3 types of Glad 30 gal bags instead of just one?

You can certainly do what you want. But communicating to a merchant you were disappointed by your experience, and giving them a chance to resolve it, usually does far more good than just walking away and venting on the Internet...even with a huge corporation like Stop&Shop. If more people made the effort to reach out the people who *can* fix something instead of just complaining about it online, businesses would be run far more effectively and satisfactorily.

As for why they don't carry the full line, that decision was undoubtedly made by actual sales figures. Large retailers know precisely how well individual SKUs are moving. If a particular size or color doesn't sell (and they aren't getting a good incentive from the manufacturer), it's gone from the store or stores where it's not a mover, and fast.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

Click for full size
1/6 bbl bag
I contacted Kings Supermarkets in the past when they switched from 1/6 bbl paper bags to 1/7 bbl paper bags.* I got three calls back from a manager at corporate on the issue. They must have gotten a lot of complaints because the last call was to tell me they were switching back to the 1/6 bbl bags but it would take some time to deplete the stock of the 1/7 bbl bags and I should be patient.

* The 1/7 bbl bags were 3 inches shorter and therefore held a lot less.

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium Member
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC

DC DSL

Premium Member

So you know reaching out does work. Poo occurs; there are far greater concerns than a store not having what you wanted when you were in. Get worked up over some of them.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

It's just that I have repeated problems at this Stop & Shop (the store also has a pungent odor). I don't have those problems when I go to Kings.
Bob4

Bob4 to DC DSL

to DC DSL
Oh, and then there was the time at Stop & Shop when the cash register came up with a price that was higher than what was on the shelf. It was a major production involving multiple people to get the price corrected. It took me over 10 minutes at the Customer Service desk for what should have been a simple transaction.

The store sucks. It really does.