spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

azerty4777

@174.88.166.x

fridging port fowarding on fibe50

ok so here it is i have bell fibe50+tv+phone i am trying to foward some ports but it does not wqork i am not a N00B at it i have done port fowarding multiple time before.. now ive read about putting the sagemcom in bridge mode but i cant since i have my tv on it also so any idea i had the modem changed still no luck simple port as 21 wont even work....

Glen1
These Are The Good Ol' Days.
Premium,MVM
join:2002-05-24
GTA Canada
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
I have been successful in bridging through the older modem keeping the user ID on the TV side inside the modem. The Internet authentication going on behind the modem while the TV signal is still working. Have you tried that?
--
My Canada includes Quebec.
Disclaimer: If I express an opinion, it is my own opinion, not that of Bell or its related companies.

Azerty4777

@bell.ca
Glen explain to me your exact setup i might go buy a ddwrt capable router to test that

Fernboy61

join:2011-11-23
Quebec, QC
From what I've read somewhere on the forum, the latest firmware update on the sagemcom prevents us from initializing PPPOE connections from our own routers (Not sure at all about that but I've seen it somewhere). I've come to using the Sagemcom to forward my ports and I'm using my own router only as a WiFi access point. This setup works well for me.

gabe

join:2009-11-30
Whitby, ON
said by Fernboy61:

From what I've read somewhere on the forum, the latest firmware update on the sagemcom prevents us from initializing PPPOE connections from our own routers (Not sure at all about that but I've seen it somewhere). I've come to using the Sagemcom to forward my ports and I'm using my own router only as a WiFi access point. This setup works well for me.

I'm still able to use the Sagemcom with 2 different devices establishing their own PPPOE sessions and still able to forward ports without issues.