spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mrpogo

@rr.com

[Rant] twc Standard TV

last year they had that for a options for just cable, now i don`t see it on the site, i went to the ever lovely chat got bounce to some one else, who just wanted to sign me up and not answer my question about if Standard TV by it self was still a options, after a few sale pitches i ask for the 3rd time and told nope, is twc really losing money by keeping that a options, i know i only would be saving like $20 but when you are poor that is money, i only watch channels 40 and below i don`t need the other channels or hd, i just thought with them losing tv customers that they will be glad to take my money for Standard TV

JustBurnt

@rr.com

Yes, you can get Basic service.

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO
reply to mrpogo

Not sure what market you are in, but in many markets the coax that feeds your internet still carries the basic old analog signal. Grab a splitter and see

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2
reply to mrpogo

There's an old-fashioned method that will take care of this for you.... Call them. For a long time they've only shown on their website what they want you to see. The "chat" is probably a rep in India or the Philippines.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
reply to mrpogo

Doubt basic service covers channels 40 and below. Probably more like 20 something and below. Sounds like u want more like standard service which would probably be more like the lowest digital class available.

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2

Time Warner, in most areas, has to offer something along the lines of "lifeline" service (per their franchise agreements). It will include the local channels and a few add'l like 'community' channels. It will be in the 20-25 channel range like rody mentions.