Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Phroz

join:2005-11-23
Lewiston, ME

Bad tuner?

Click for full size
Turned my DVR on when I got home tonight and wasn't getting a picture. Played around with it for a bit and ended up hitting the swap tuner button on the remote and everything was working again. Opened up the diagnostic menu and saw this.

Time for a new box I guess? I've had this one for almost 4 months, so that sounds about right for my luck

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

said by Phroz:

Turned my DVR on when I got home tonight and wasn't getting a picture. Played around with it for a bit and ended up hitting the swap tuner button on the remote and everything was working again. Opened up the diagnostic menu and saw this.

Time for a new box I guess? I've had this one for almost 4 months, so that sounds about right for my luck

seems that you have a QAM carrier that has noise (183MHz).

Phroz

Lewiston, ME

said by motorola870:

said by Phroz:

seems that you have a QAM carrier that has noise (183MHz).

Not exactly sure what that means to be honest. Is it a problem with the box?

I have a tech visit scheduled for Friday but if it just requires a box swap I'd rather not wait.

Jabbu
Premium
join:2002-03-06
reply to Phroz

See if you can find a channel on 183 MHz with tuner 2. If that comes in, you have a bad box.

Phroz

Lewiston, ME

1 edit

Put both tuners on the same channel (our CBS affiliate, 183 MHz). Tuner 1 shows the same as before, Tuner 2 works as expected.

Will go swap boxes tomorrow then. Thanks!