Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

nickphx

join:2009-10-29
Phoenix, AZ

1 recommendation

reply to 08034016

Re: [AZ] Moving to Arizona. Apartments with Cox? Good/Bad?

If you even had a multi-player game from the 80's it would have worse bandwidth consumption.

If you're streaming your video gaming on twitch, that's where your bandwidth usage is going... Gaming doesn't take up much at all..

When you consider a multi-player game and the fact that latency plays a huge part in a gaming experience, the game will want to send many small packets as fast as possible. Most games use UDP because it's a fire and forget protocol. No error checking, no negotiation.. Sending large packets would cause greater delays, leading to higher latency and a poor gaming experience.

For example, an average 20 minute Battlefield 3 session consumed the following:

Received data: 9.33MB
Sent data: 4.92MB

Total data: 14.2MB

So if you convert 14.22MB to kilobytes, you end up with 14561.3KB [1MB = 1024KB]. If you divide 14561 by 1220 seconds [20 minutes * 60 seconds] you end up with 11.93 kilobytes per second in total usage..

Using the average of 12KB/s consumption:
With a 250GB cap [262144000 KB] it would take you 21,845,333 seconds of gaming or 364,088 minutes or 6,068 hours of
gaming to reach your 250GB cap.

Considering there's 720 hours in an average month, it would be completely impossible to hit your 250GB cap just from gaming alone.

From what I've read BF3 is one of the "heavier" games for bandwidth consumption...

Please stop spreading FUD. Everyone of your posts is how awful cox is, how high their prices are. Boo hoo.

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
join:2001-08-31
Byron, GA

said by nickphx:

If you even had a multi-player game from the 80's it would have worse bandwidth consumption.

If you're streaming your video gaming on twitch, that's where your bandwidth usage is going... Gaming doesn't take up much at all..

Please stop spreading FUD. Everyone of your posts is how awful cox is, how high their prices are. Boo hoo.

I Know what gaming uses been gaming since 97, also You dont know what i been through with Cox communications

you have the 8 hrs to read the full report? is so i will start typing if not, heres the Short of it

a cox employee lied about what he had done and it cost Cox communications over $ 10,000 to get my internet fixed, what it turned out to be is a $39.00 Drop, and about 24 Cox trucks at my house and $2,000 worth of damage to the lawn etc ,

So you have no idea.
--
Holocaust survivors and their family's fill this out.
»online.ushmm.org/registry/update···form.php