spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

somedudeguy

join:2013-02-19

[DSL] Getting 7Mbps before and after Bell on Teksavy

I recently switched from Bell to Teksavvy last week after constant billing issues with Bell that caused made me drop the ball and switch. I was on there 12 Mbps plan and everything besides the billing issues was fine getting an average of 11 Mbps. It wasn't until the end of December I noticed my speeds dropping to around 7Mbps. Since I was planning to switch, I really did not care to call into bell to fix the problem and hoped everything would iron out once I switched to Teksavvy. I was connected to Teksavvy's service last Friday on the 10Mbps plan but I am still only getting 7Mbps.

Teksavvy called me that day to ask if my connection was working but I noted to them the problem of getting only 7Mbps then and when I noticed the problem when I was on Bell. The person said It's normal to never get the actual speed and I understand that since I never fully got 12Mbps but always close to it. 7 I believe is to low. Is there any idea of what can be done about this to fix this and to at least get me to close to 10Mbps?

bjlockie

join:2007-12-16
Ottawa, DSL
Post your line stats.

somedudeguy

How do I do that?

Crowbar1

join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON
reply to somedudeguy
You should post this in »TekSavvy Direct

atmx093

join:2009-01-07
Gatineau, QC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to somedudeguy
Personal experience, this might not even be applicable for you, but I also made the switch from Bhell to Teksavvy 5 years ago.

Back then, I was getting a very stable 7/1 fastpath connection. I switched because I was tired of overpaying and getting a ridiculously low 60GB monthly allowance. I was going to drop down to a 6/1 profile, but didn't care much about that, I was getting 200GB for $10 less!

Everything worked out well for a few months and then I had to be put on a 6/1 interleave profile because 7/1 had become extremely unstable. That worked ok for another few months, then the 6/1 became really unstable. And since then I have been on a 4/1 fastpath profile that loses sync at least 10 times every day and re-syncs at lower and lower profiles until finally establishing a solid and stable connection.... at 784/960. That's not even a 1mbps!!

Several Bell techs later, the problem is still there, but I'm leaving. I only have a dry loop that still links me to Bhell and it's going out the door in 2 weeks time. I'm switching to TSI cable.

The thing is, I bet that if I had decided to leave TSI and crawl back to Bell, my connection would probably go straight back up to a very stable 7/1. I am convinced that I was switched to less than perfectly operational hardware when I jumped ship.

I hope your personal experience doesn't end up being as nightmarish as mine.

somedudeguy

reply to somedudeguy
But what about doing a line stat, How do I do that?